Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating price information

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear MDM-gurus,

we're trying to update catalog-items with Import Manager in SRM MDM Catalog 2.0.

Unfortunately we're not getting the price updated.

When saying "Replace" as Import action everything is updated, even the price. When only choosing 'Update all mapped fields' the price won't be updated.

In Configuration --> Options we selected 'No' under 'Do not update record matching field value', which should be correct.

In the matching fields we have a combination of two fields (Supplier+Supplier Part No.) which makes my key.

The problem now is when I delete the whole article in Data Manager and create a new one the price is set OK.

The price is also set alright when I select 'Replace' as Import action.

But what we'd like to have is to update all the fields (short description, long description etc) AND also the price information.

Perhaps one of you can give me a hint what else to set in configuration options or so (if wished I can send a screenshot of our actual settings)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards,

Henning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

did you check the Qualified Update setting in Options --> Configuration? You may want to set the Update Action for existing links to Replace. I am currently not sitting on the system, but take a look at the MDM Import Manager manual at page 250ff (MDM 5.5 SP06).

Hope that helps.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If price information is coming in the Qualified Table, then definitely we can use the Feature as mentioned by Christian.

This is Default Qualifed Update- Append/Replace/Update

You can use it if the price is a part of Qualifed table. But if not, then do keep the config options in Import Manager as Default and refer to my above post.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks. Setting 'Default Qualifed Update' to replace solved the problem. Prices are now updated, too.

But the problem is that the date and time of the field "price updated" has not been changed although there has definitely been a change. When I manually update the price in Data Manager the new date and time is set.

Background: I'd like to know which entries were changed and which ones not.

Perhaps you also have a hint for that.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

But the problem is that the date and time of the field "price updated" has not been changed although there has definitely been a change. When I manually update the price in Data Manager the new date and time is set.

I wanted to ask whether a time stamp is running which gets updated to the latest time and date when some changes are made to the Price Field?

If this is the case, then it should work automatically in your case also.

Just refresh it once in the Data Manager and also Unload the repository and Load it again with Update Indices.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nintin,

you are right. Change tracking was not set to 'Yes' for the price fields in MDM Console.

But now after setting everything to yes there's still no updated date after having imported prices etc. via Import Manager.

When I manually change the price in Data Manager, this change is been documented correctly in the 'price updated' field.

The 'price updated' field is a time stamp field, btw.

Refreshing in Data Manager and even Unloading and Loading with update indices did NOT make the 'price updated' field to get the new date and time.

Perhaps you have another idea?!

Many thanks

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I think you have misunderstood me. You do not have to enable the change tracking to get the Updated date/time when Price gets updated. CHange tracking is used for something little different.

You will have to create a field of type - Time stamp.

In the settings for this field, the last option will be to select the field " PRICE".

Hence, the new field of type Time stamp, will store the updated time, whenever any changes to the PRICE field is made.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

thanks a lot for that hint.

We already have a Time stamp field with the last option set to the compound field 'Price information'. This is exactly the field that is updated via Import Manager.

Any glue?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

I guess these are the only settings which are required.

Just try and refresh ( F 5) in Data Manager after price gets updated through the Import Manager. ( I hope its gettings updated, and not created for the 1st time)

If its getting created for the 1st time, the stamp has to be of type CREATE STAMP.

Kindly check it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Unfortunately we're not getting the price updated.

When saying "Replace" as Import action everything is updated, even the price. When only choosing 'Update all mapped fields' the price won't be updated.

In Configuration --> Options we selected 'No' under 'Do not update record matching field value', which should be correct.

In the matching fields we have a combination of two fields (SupplierSupplier Part No.) which makes my key.+

After going through your problem, I would like suggest you some things:

1. Replace is used to replace the entire record irrespective whether the fields which are incoming through the source file are mapped or not.

2. "Update Map Fields" is used to update only those fields which are fields which you have mapped in the Field Mapping.

I hope that you have first of all Mapped the Price Field. ANd hence you are very correct that you want to use Update Mapped Fields

3. Now, moving ahead, I would suggest you not to change the Configuration Options until very necessary.

Hence the config option that you have mentioned is :

'Do not update record matching field value' - No

However, this feature is YES by-default. Hence I would advice you to make it as Yes and Then try once more.

If you are following the above mentioned ways, then you should be able to use the Update Mapped All feature as it generally does not gives error.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain