cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF file Not opening in Main Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added PDF lookup field in my main Table in console.

I m able to import PDF file in PDF table ( after making Allow Invalid PDFs as YES)

I have also imported PDF file in Main table field.

But here PDF file is not opening.

I m able to open PDF file only in PDF table & not in main table.

Also i am not able to Generate Thumbnail.

I m getting error:

Regenerating thumbnail for 'Mahi.pdf'...failed.

Regeneration of thumbnails complete.

Can anybody tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Mahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

Follow the below pdf on how to import pdf in MDM this will guide you on the issue if you are missing out on any step:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c01f54a2-99f1-2a10-5aa5-dcc50870...

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody.

Now i am able to view PDF from main table.

But i am not able to create Thumbnail ( As Jitesh sais may be because of Allow invalid PDFs option)

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have linked the PDF with the main table record just right click on it and select View PDF it will open the PDF document.

Regarding Thumbnail we also faced the similar issue. I think MDM generates Thumbnails only for Valid PDFs and there is some criteria based on which it recognise the PDF as valid one. Since we are using the option Allow Invalid PDFs i.e. the PDFs we are importing are not valid in MDM's point of view thats why it is not generating the Thumbnail.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwari,

I have added PDF lookup field in my main Table in console.

I m able to import PDF file in PDF table ( after making Allow Invalid PDFs as YES)

You can link the pdf to the Main tabel record by two ways:

1. Using Import Manager

2. Using Data Manager itself.

I have just tried it by the second way and I am able to open the Pdf in the Main Table itself.

PLease follow these step below:

1. Import the Pdf in the Pdf table and store the Pdf in the repository itself by choosing the Option - +Store in Repository+

2.Go to Main Table and double click on the Look up field on the right side. GO to the Data Group Tab and add the Data Group you have created.

3. Then choose the pdf you want to choose for that particular main table record. You will find the PDf getting attached in the Main Table Record.

4. Now try and open the Pdf, HopefullyYou will find it opening in the Main Table itself .

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have added PDF lookup field in my main Table in console.

I m able to open PDF file only in PDF table & not in main table.

You can view the PDF in the main table itself.Select the record Go to record detail-then come to PDF field -Right click-View PDF .This is one of the way to view PDFs

Regards

Nisha