cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Messages that fails with a System Error in Adapter Engine doesnt raise alerts but Integration engine - system error messages raises alerts.

What I mean is in message monitoring - choosing Integration Server and displaying the messages - messages with status system error and engine - adapter engine - doesnt raise alerts.

This is a a JDBC receiver scenario..

Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on

SP12 : there is no way for u to raise alerts

SP13 : you can configure CCMS to raise alerts for AE

Sp14 on wards :you have the option of specifying adapter alert rules.

cheers,

naveen

Message was edited by: Naveen Pandrangi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP12 : there is no way for u to raise alerts

>>> u mean AE errors right??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

In SP12 you can configure Alert Framework for raising alerts for message processing failures in Integration Engine, but you cannot raise alerts for message processing failures in adapter engine.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ss ThiloThama

SAP blamed it initially on the End-End monitoring information not being generated, when we used to raise OSS notes.Later they accepted the problem with AF and promised to fix this issue.You can also notice that there is no way to monitor issues in ccBPM Send/Receiver steps in SP12..Atleast they wouldn't work!!

But after SP14, this looks to have been rectified on AF.You can notice a previous post from Renjith Andrews confirming the same!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

Alert configuration may sometimes cause some problems.

With the steps provided in the link below you can quickly find out what might be the reason :

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/3a60e3505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and the link below gives you a better idea of alert management :

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/14/alert-management--improving-monitoring-of-your-landscape

Regards,

abhy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thilothama,

For Alert COnfiguration, you will have to Create an Alert Category under TCODE - ALRCATDEF. Just check these links out,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

Also, check out these blogs for alert configuration.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.Let me tell what I did...I have checked everything under Alerts....My previous post with subject "Scheduled for processing" describes the problems...please suggest..

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi thilothama,

Please check the follwing,

In your run time workbench, under ALERT CONFIGURATION, check you ALERT RULE.

In the option that says, WHERE DID THE ERROR OCCUR..?,

Make sure you have selected either NO RESTRICTION or ADAPTER ENGINE.

And if the Adapter Engine has been selected, then make sure that the Adapter type has been set to *.

Hope this helps,

Reagards,

Bhavesh

PS Do award points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiolthama,

I thought you can raise alerts even if the adapter engine fails. Look at the runtime workbench - Alert Configuration.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the helpful posts.