Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM functionality in SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ChaRM-experts!

I have the following questions regarding ChaRM-Setup:

1) Do I always need to define a Maintenance Project or can I use tcode u201CSCMAu201D to use transport management/ChaRM for satellite systems in SOLMAN

2) Is it possible to use transport management between several logical components?

3) Which transport routes from satellite systems will be supported within ChaRM of SOLMAN? We have a lot of own transport routes.

4) Are there some escalation mechanisms, e.g. when the urgent correction will be not executed within 1 week?

Thank you very much!

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Trying to answer a few of your questions.

1.) Maintenance Cycle/Task List with the appropriate tasks/tracks is being generated using a SMI project.

IMG and CTS projects are created according to the logical components used in your SMI project.

Without a SMI project you do not have all these links. So basically I would say answer is: yes.

2.) & 3.) The Change Request Management does not have its own transport management system/routes.

It just uses the underlying CTS.

Some settings need to be done though (connection to involved domain controllers, CTS parameters and so on)

4.) not sure about this one.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

many thanks for your response!

The vital issue/question is unfortunately not answered.

Letu2019s assume we have 3 SAP ERP systems, 2 SAP NetWeaver systems. Currently we transport between these systems.

These systems are structured in several logical components.

Question:

Is that possible to define only one maintenance project, to put them all the logical components in order to allow transport in several QAS- or PRD-systems?

Thank you very much!

Thom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't tested this scenario but you are able to assign more than one logical component to a SMI project.

All the systems will be listed in your task list.

But the point is: even if one system - lets say a QA or project system - is not included in the SMI project via a logical component and thus not available in the task list released transport request from a DEV system will be delivered to that system nevertheless (in case the package/transport layer contained in the request is configured in your CTS to deliver the QA/project system).

So you may use several logical components, release your transport via action in task list. All via CTS connected systems will be delivered in background. You may import your transport requests in follow-up systems via action in the task list or via aut. import job. For the production you may want to have the system listed in the task list (and therefore part of a logical component assigned to your project) because you usually do not use aut. import jobs for that kind of system and need use the action to import transports.

Hope this helps.

/cheers