cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on inbound IDOC ( idoc receiver adapter )

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a file --> Xi -- IDOC->R/3 bus.system scenario

My question is regarding the details of the partner profile to be maintained in my receiving R3 business system.

What is the logical system partner number that I should maintain in the R/3 business system partner profile ? Is it the business system service representing the R/3 system in SLD ? If I maintain this partner profile of type LS with this partner, is my inbound idoc control record parameter - RCVPRN value going to be compared with this LS type partner and then processed with the appropriate processing code ( that I have maintained in my partner profile )

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

typically you go the other way round: check in your R/3 what is the logical system (tc: SALE) and maintain this logical system within the business system in the SLD. So this two should be identical, but the logical system is defined in R/3 and the entry in SLD is driven by the definition in R/3.

For sure, this LS than has to be used in your partner profiles. The logical system identifies an R/3 client uniquely within your landscape so SAPs naming standard is <SID>_<Client number> or alternatively <SID>CLNT<Client number>. For any non SAP system your sending data from, you'll also need to define a logical system for IDoc communication. This can not follow the above stated naming standard but still should be unique.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthi,

As per my understanding u want to know that what should be the logical system name while maintaining partner profile.

U have to use the logical system name which u have given while creating ur Technical system, but not the business service/system that represent ur R/3 in SLD.

hope this helps,

regards,

datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine & Dattatreya

Based on your answers, I understand the logical system that is a part of the technical ( & indirectly the business system ) definition in SLD should be maintained as a logical system partner in the partner profiles of the R3 business system.

Christine : Your point regarding naming of the logical system - originating from the R3 system is taken.

Also, if I understand you correctly, the file system that is sending the data ( file ) for the inbound IDOC should be represented as logical system ( firstly in SLD in its corresponding bus/tech system entry ), then this logical system name should be imported into the adapter specific settings for that file -business system service in ID. I am not sure whether this logical system entry representing the file - should be maintained in the R3 business system ( SALE tcd )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Its something like this. Although its the XI box which sends the IDOC to R/3 we create a illusion to R/3 that its the end business system (in your case the file system) is the one that has sent the data by doing the Logical system settings that you have already got.

So, we need to inbound configurations in SALE / WE20 (Partner Profile) for the logical system (file system) that is sending that data.

hope its clear now.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please reward the helpful posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

i am very sorry, We have to maintain the logical system name of the Sender( representing file sender in ur case), but not the logical system name of the R/3 which is a receiver.

U have to maintain partner profile for this logical system of the sender in ur R/3 system.

regards,

datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

the logical system name of the sender should also be maintained in R/3. If you create a partner profile in the R/3 system you will need to specify this logical system. and as previously written, the system you specify there is not XI, as XI is only a transparent middleware layer in the communication, but it is not a business system. a logical system in R/3 however represents a business system.

BR

Christine