Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional fields in user master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have to add some new fields to user masterdata. (Dataowner, Manager and Office). The best place for it would be su01 (Address). How can I have influance on this screen. Are there some possibilities to add fields there ?

It there a pissibility to upload some fields of master user data from a file (e.g. Excell).

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Wojciech

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have to add some new fields to user masterdata. (Dataowner, Manager and Office). The best place for it would be su01 (Address). How can I have influance on this screen. Are there some possibilities to add fields there ?

You would have to create a copy of the transaction and change (and afterwards use) the copy. With something as important as user maintenance I would not go that route.

Have you considered 'misusing' some of the exisiting additionall address fields like FAX, INT, MOB, PAG, PRT, RML, SSF, TEL, TLX, TTX, URI or X40?

> It there a possibility to upload some fields of master user data from a file (e.g. Excell).

You could have a look into the user BAPI's but that does require programming. Another possibility is ECATT. If you do a forum search you'll get plenty leads.

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you try using Indirect user/role assignments and user creation. The requirements you have like manager name etc. are related somewhat to the HR data and I would suggest you try using indirect assignments.

In standard SU01 there seems to be not any option for the same, other than for the company, you can put the different addresses for different offices of different users.

As indirect assignents are heirarchichal, they might guve you some help for the same. Soem transactions for the same are P013, Pa30 etc.

Ciao!

Hersh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thans for your answer. I can't use HR becouse I'm not on R/3 but on Netweaver (BW).

I'm looking for an minimum solution, it does not have to be very well integrated.

Greetings

Wojciech