cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adobe forms layout editor not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

the layout editor in sfp transaction for adobe forms is not working... it says " could not open layout editor" .

can anyone plz suggest whether anything needs to be installed while installing the gui or any patch would do ...

or atleast where to find the patch ..

Cheers,

Tikku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means there is no Designer installed on your Presentation server(Local PC). if it is not there , then it iwll give the same error.

You install the Adobe Live Cycle Designer , and Reinstall the GUI and see ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please tell me from where do i download this software .

cheers,

Srinivas P

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can be downloaded form SAP Market place.

If you have SID then you can download that, Download process is different here, you need download manager for this , and some java version restrictions also there. SO better ask your basis guy to Download it for you.

There is latest version which is 8.0 , or else you can try 7.1 also.

Adobe Live Cycle Designer is a seaprate tool to Design the forms,

First install the Designer and then install the SAP GUI. while installing the GUI you will select the Adobe Life cycle designer component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Tikku

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have logged into sap market place but not able to find from where do i download this .

Cheers,

Tikku

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you there click on the Downloads.

use Search Software Option with the following key words

NW 2004s Presentation - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

NW 7.0 Presentation - Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tikku,

take a look at note 1121176. It explains in detail where you can find the archives for Adobe Livecycle Designer.

regards, Lukas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhirendra_pandit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I faced the same problem in my system, and could fix it very easily. All I did was follow instructions described in OSS note 1074025.

1. Close SAP gui

2. Check if process FormDesigner.exe is still running in Task Manager. If so, kill it.

3. Delete folder "Designer" from location:

C:\Documents and settings\<user id>\Application Data\Adobe

When you run again the Adobe LiveCycle, the folder is regenerated.

After a lot of unsuccesful attemps reinstalling the ALC, and even the SAPGUI, this solution worked perfectly for me. Hope it helps some of you.

dhirendra_pandit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

To solve this:

Try deleting all the sap and adobe related folders in the C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Local Settings\Application Data

I also deleted everything beneath C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Local Settings\Temp folder (Most probably the adobe folder there is the nasty one for some strange reason. )