cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Our client storing the finished material in Packing and then they moved to Pallet boxes.In this case, HUM(Handling unit Management) is needed for map this process in SAP...Please revert back guys!!!!

From sas....

Edited by: Oaris_Sas on Aug 21, 2008 10:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is exactly your question? If you want to know more about handling unit management in general, please check the topic handling unit management on help.sap.com first:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/19/7f6d36f74c7505e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eleonora Juhasz ,

I already go through this document, but i want to know whether HUM is needed for MAP this Scenario in SAP....

Exactly, all finished material are Pre-packed in packing station and stored in the Pallet rack directly....

From sas...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is up to you if you need the functionality of HUM in your system or not. I am not really sure how your scenario looks like. Do you receive the material packed from vendor and you just post goods receipt for it, or do you pack at production and at packing station? When you just get the packed material from the vendor, it is up to you if you would like to track the life of the HU in your system, or are you only interested in the material that was packed... But when you pack in production and pack in packing station (tr. hupast), this is only possible if HUM is activated in system.

If HUM is activated in system:

==============

- HUs do not require a reference to a document and, in contrast to shipping units, are independent objects; you can identify an HU without reference to object (as they have a unique identification number)

- HUM links business processes across all logistics applications; logistics processes (goods movements) based on HU processing are easier, which in turn optimises all logistics operations; you track the movements of entire HUs and the materials they contain rather than tracking each material individually (simplified processing of material movements, which therefore optimizes the logistics processes)

- HUM deals with all the packing processes

If HUM is not activated in system:

================

- packing is only allowed through delivery/shipment processing

- no chance to identify a Shipping Unit without reference to object (delivery/shipment)

Regards,

Ely

Edited by: Eleonora Juhasz on Aug 21, 2008 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eleonora Juhasz ,

Thanks for ur kind response Friend,

Moreover, my finished material going to WM->Rack System, i want to activate HUM in WM leve or Activate HUM only for Packing station alone (HUPAST)....Please give ur suggestion.....

From sas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

meanwhile I edited my answer, not sure if you read my latest version, please check

As far as I know it is not possible to activate HUM only for special functions. You activate HUM for your whole system or not. I am not really familiar with WM, but when you activate HUM in your system, you also have to activate SUM from WM side.

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ely,

Thanks again, why its mandatory if i activated HUM in WM to maintain SUM...

Moreover, please tell HUM is needed for WM Level or packing station alone activate HUM....

Please give ur suggestion....

From sas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not really understand your question. You activate HUM under following customizing point: Logistics - General -> Handling Unit Management -> External Identification -> Set Unique Number Assignment for HU Identification. If you set this flag, you can manage HUs in your system. In this case you can use the packing station and other HU relevant functions/transactions. If you want to manage HUs in your system, you have to activate HUM, otherwise that is not possible. If you want to manage HUs within WM, you have to activate SUM (storage unit management). A storage unit is a warehouse internal unit. A handling unit is a cross process unit.

In WM you can work with storage unit management independently of HUM. This additional function allows you to enter materials and load carriers as logistic units that can be uniquely identified within a warehouse (and only there!) using a number.

If you use HUM in connection with WM, then you must activate SUM for all storage types in which you want to store HUs.

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ely,

I clearly explain my requirement :

From the Production, they are getting the Finished Fasteners like M6 to M24 of different length, In pre-packing station they are placing the screws by this way:

100 No. of screws pack -> 1 small box

8 small box pack -> 1 master box

36 master box pack -> 1 pallet..

Then the Pallet is moved to WM_High rack storage......For this above packing process i think HUM is needed to activate...What's my doubt is whether, i want to activate my HUM in Storage Location level(Packing alone) or i want to activate HUM in WM Level to achieve my mentioned above scenario in SAP....

From sas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean about activating HUM in WM?? What setting do you mean? You can not switch on HUM just for WM?! Do you mean activating SUM?? Or what?

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I am asking about whether HUM is needed for WM activities in my case, or HUM is needed for Packing station alone...

Please Clarify..

From sas...

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find some valuable documentation on SAP Service Marketplace:

[Extended Warehouse Management in SAP ERP |http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000290081&]

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can pack the FP in packaging material and in turn load these packaging material in pallet.

You can create packing instruction for FP and packaging material and then create packing instruction for packaging material and pallet by using "I"(subordinate packing instruction).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

Could u explain in detail.If u have some documents please post me too.....

From sas..