Did you mean: 

availability check at the inquiry level

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

HELLO GURUS

GUDMORNING,

I HAVE REQUIREMENT IN MY PROJECT

i.e The availability check should be done at inquiry level , for that where i need to configure ?plz help me out with details explanation

thank you in advance

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

Availablity check is done to see of material is available to fulfill delivery.

We donot fulfill delivery from an enquiry. Coz as mentioned in the previous message we are not sure if the enquiry translates into a order. Ask your client why does his customer want to know when will the material be available without ordering.

Coz in real time scenarios, there will be items which are make to order. Some make to stock items will be always available.

Even tough you somehow do availability check at inquiry, if there is another order before your customer order, stock will be confirmed to that 1st order. So at the time of fulfilling your cust order there is a possibility that stock will not be available.

Explain these to your client & tell them availability check at inquiry is not possible.

Regrads,

Sivanand

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

hi siva thank you very much for your promt response

regards

venkat

Edited by: K.Venkata Chalapathi on Aug 20, 2008 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I t is not relevant to do availability check at Inquiry level, as u aware probability of inquiry is 30%, based on this we can not process availability check. Thats the reason in atandard SAP we can not do that.Explain this to ur client.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ravi

thank you very much for u r promt response

regards

venkat

Edited by: K.Venkata Chalapathi on Aug 20, 2008 11:47 AM