cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between XD01 and VD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need some expert advise on these transactions ie XD01 and VD01. If I create a customer with VD01 what will be the major difference.

I know that

XD01 - Create Customer Centrally (Has company code data)

VD01 - Sales and distribution customer (w/o company code data)

Also can if I create only customers with vd01 transaction how will finanacial accounting take place.

Can u also tell me which business processes can get affected.

Regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you create the customer using vd01 you canot maintain the finacial data. ie co cd data.

usually in sap implimentation finance people will configure the financial related data ie the company code data using the t code FD01 and sales people would be updating the sales related data using VD01

regards,

Krishna Prasad

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member425818
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Just in continuation to this topic.

My Question

If have two company codes and two sales areas

Eg Company Code Sales Area

0001 0001 01 01 Sales Org 0001 assigned to CC 0001

OP01 OP01 O1 O1 Sales Org OP01 assigned to CC OP01

There is no assignment of company code 0001 and sales org OP01 and vice versa

Should I be allowed to create a customer for company code 0001 and sales area OP01 O1 O1?

Should I be allowed to create the entire sales cycle?

In my case it is happening. Please suggest ..

Thanks & regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Everyone

Regards

Mahesh

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mahesh...

To put in simple words, If you are creating a cusotmer with XD01, its having all the data inclusive of the essential data to the Finance and controlling.

Whereas if you are creating with VD01, you can enter and view the data only related to the sales view.

The purpose should be that in real time, certain users will be having restrictions to view the data which is concerned with the finance dept.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

In that case, you have to ask your FI consultant to create corresponding customer in FD01, where only company data related data will be provided.

Thus, only creating customer in VD01 will not solve your requirement.

So, for creating Customer master data:

Either simply, you create that in XD01 Centrally, where you maintain all the 3 Data (General, Company and Sales).

Or else, ask your FI consultant to create master data with your desired company code in FD01 and then with the same customer number create master data in VD01 for sales view. Mind it the sales area should be from same company code.

Take care.

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

The main difference is that without Company Code data, you cannot define the Reconciliation Account of the customer and without assigning this, you cannot generate billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I could create a billing doc for the cust but accounting doc were not generated.

Thanks

Regards

Mahesh

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

I you create Customer with VD01, you cannot create master rerocds for Company code data for that particular Customer.

In cases like these you would not be able to enter Reconciliation accounts, sort key, Terms of payment & other details in Customer Master.

The best example if you have not mentioned Reconciliation account then system would not post the sales amount in the respective GL accounts...

HOpe this helps..

THanks,

Jignesh Mehta