cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding Column in Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a search help containing category, sub-category and item. I want to assign the same search help to three different fields say Category field, subcategory field and item field. When i choose something from search help for Category, it is getting bound to the category column. When i choose something in subcategory field then also the first column value category is getting bound.

So, How do i say that bind the second column of the search help to a particular field?

I could see similar behaviour in the flight example where they bind the departure city (first column of the search help) for city field and country key (second column of the search help) for country field. Do i need to use OVS to achieve this?

Any help on this will be rewarded.

Thanks

Rajee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Surely u need to use OVS for this.

regards

PG

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Surely u need to use OVS for this.

>

> regards

> PG

Actually that isn't true at all. You can use the DDic search help for this. You just need follow a few rules and use a structure to link the importing/exporting parameters of the related DDic Search Helps. Have a look at this forum thread where the same question was asked:

I have some screen shots and explaination of how to acomplish this with the DDic Search Help.