Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALLATION ERROR AT RFC JOB POST PROCESSING

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i am trying to install IDES 4.7 WITH oracle 8i and windows xp

with the same resource i had successfully installed atleast three times but since last two installation stops at last phase

rfc job post processing and ask for PASSWORD OF DDIC

i tried diffrent password like 19920706,05071992,pass,password,change_on_install nothing working.in the mean while i am able to login to sap system which starts with dump CONVERT_TSTMP_INCONSISTENT_TAB.dont know what to do.please guide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle 8i was never certified on Windows XP (only Windows 2000).

Your combination is known to not work.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Login to the system and execute t-code sick and check if you are getting any error information.

Start the sap system.login to sap and change the default password for ddic and sap* and provide the new passwords running the installtion.

Regards

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Dalai on Aug 19, 2008 9:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Ashok for your response,

i have already tried tcode SICK it shows no error in the mean can you tell me how to change pwd of sap* and ddic bcause i know this cant be changed from su01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

You can change the passwords in su01.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

ashok when i go to su01 and try to change pwd of sap* and ddic it says user does not exist.probably it can be changed from command prompt can to tell me the SQL STATEMENT TO CHANGE PWD.

MR DHOR i am obliged to have reply from person like you who is respected through out this forum but i have already mentioned that with the same resource i have installed successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

After installation users sap*,ddic and earlywatch only exist in the system.Could you please tell me which user you logged into the system.What client you are logging in.

If you are getting sap* and ddic does not exist then you can not change the password because the users themselves not there. you can create those users(su01) and assign profile sap_all and sap_new.

Then login with sap* and ddic with the initial password and change the password then give those passwords at the time of installation.

Regards

Ashok