cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Access for learning

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a huge huge suggestion for SAP. So some one at the top having a lot of power, please pay attention.

I am not sure if SAP realizes this... there are millions of non-SAP and quasi-SAP users and developers waiting to cross over to SAP side.

The biggest problem for them is Access to SAP system for learning.

You can read articles all day long for years, but nothing like - even Hello WebDynpro - doing your self.

Pl look at Microsoft MSDN for Virtual Labs. That is THE SOLUTION.

If I am ignorant, and if there is already some access available like this, please guide me.

Evaluation softwares are very hard to install on personal machines.

There are password policies problems and many more.

I have not been successful and there is always a limitation of time.

You can read frustration of a lifelong learner (now 60 years of age) able and willing to learn for next 15-20 years but stopped by ACCESS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you are interested in learning the technology, whether its ABAP or java. THere are sneak preview editions that you can use to learn the technology. These include complete systems with a limited license. The ABAP engine is only the "Basis" stuff, none of the functional modules like MM, PP, SD, FI etc exists. But you can learn ABAP and stuff. You can download these previews right here on SDN.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a prompt reply.

I did attend an ABAP course, so I can continue a little bit with this download.

I was referring to more real-life scenerios like MM and SD, and even XI.

I am XI 3.0 SAP certified Developer, but have no access to XI - so can not get a job in XI.

Thanks any way for this.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yep, there are not sneak previews for entire r/3 systems including MM and SD.

Not sure if XI is part of the sneak preview java stack or not. I doubt it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (0)