cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Sizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can PI handle a load of about 100 concurrent messages for an interface in One minute?.

We have 1 PI box.The message size will not be more than about 500 KB.

We do not have any load balancing for now..please do advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

100 msgs per interface..in one minute is working on dual xeon..with 4 gb mem.....

Note: not 100 mgs and 1 interface, its 100 msgs per interface and i have quite a few...

Load balancer is good..for the future as your data volume increases.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Agasturi,Prateek and Raman.

Will get back if i need more details!.

Thanks.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a PI installation is done following the minimum hardware requirement recommendation, then usually it can easily handle the load of 100 messages per min for an interface. Agasthuri provided a good insight on one such hardware config. U may have various kind of config and PI Sizing Guide can help u in determining load and its corresponding configuration.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizing

And for tuning

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/423f5046-0a01-0010-2698-b2dc7c31...

Regards,

Prateek

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Can PI handle a load of about 100 concurrent messages for an interface in One minute?.

Yes , It will Process No Dout about it, Might take some time If you have Load Balance- App server the performance will be good

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasturi,

Please could you elaborate a little on what basis configuration for the PI box would be required for such a requirement?

Iam not exactly aware as to our current memory and other details for our PI box but could you please explain me a little more in detail..!

thanks a lot.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A PI Box will handle as you mentioned 100 concurrent messages in a Minute, The System will posses minimum 4 CPU and a very good RAM memory, Your Basis team will help you in finding the hardware details of the Box.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss