cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning inspection plan to inspection lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru

Can we change the plan assigned to the inpsection lot and re assign a new plan to the lot. IF YES let me know how to do that. and IF NO kindly let me know the reason.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

You can change inspection plan for inspection lot, for this go to transaction code QA02 enter inspection lot number & press enter.

Go to inspection specification tab & change group, group counter & replace it with another inspection plan details. Then press enter & save it.

This changes are possible only if lot is not released i.e. in CRTD status.

Hope this will resolve your issues.

Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a lot is created its in CRTD but when u save it it automatically becomes REL. Then when we enter in change mode using QA02 its grayed out. And in my case lot will normally be in released state only, with batch assigned. SO kindly let me know the possibilities of changing the inpsection plan.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't mention the inspection type. We need to know that.

There are also many other statuses on the lot. We need to know them as well.

And when you went into QA02 to reset the lot.. what was the EXACT error?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to inspection lot QA02.

Now follow the path, Inspection lot->Function->Withdraw Approval. The lot will change it's status from REL to CRTD.

Or

Short key AltLF+W save.

Now if your inspection points are based on Physical sample, then you need to cancel the sample numbers, so visit the trx QAC3, cancel the samples and then back to QA02, now you will be able to assign the new Task list.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shyamal and guru's

your explanation on re assigning plans really helped me a lot. I was unable to re assign the plan. But the inpsection lot i am using will have an UD already done before i do the process of re assigning. The method you suggested holds good in the case of lots which does not have the results entered and UD made.

Kindly let me know the possiblities of doing the same process of even when the lot has UD active. I am using inspection type 10 and the inpsection plan has a usage 6 (goods issue)

once again thanks a lot to shyamal and all the guru's for their suggestions.

nithi A

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the UD is made there is NO chance to change the inspection plan. Nada... zilich.. zero...

When this happens, why not create a manual 89 and change the usage to select the type 10 plan?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy, Nithi

Craig is cent percent correct. Once the UD completed, you can't change the task list assignment.

What I had also written was the status will changed from REL to CRTD. So if the status is not REL it self it will not changed in to CRTD.

Not even UD if the status is INSP = Inspection processed (Result recording completed and any of the Result confirmed) you can't revert.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only if no results have been recorded.

Use QA01, select reset sample from the edit menu I believe. Save.

Open up lot again in QA01.

Go to the specifications screen and change the usage, key date, etc.. whatever you want to use to find the new plan.

Click on assign spec.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig.

I appreicate your response. I tried it but its not working. Can u let me know if there are any other possiblities.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need more info.

Inspection type?

Current system statuses on the inspection lot?

Where are you seeing the problem when trying to change the inspection plan?

Craig