cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File system full

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a question. we get alerts for /oracle/saparch direcory and other filesystems filling upto 70-90 % all the time. i want to know what is the best way to handle these situations- deleting or moving logs or other files or any other way. what does the brarchive process do?

should different filesystems be handles differently.

Please throw some light.

thanks

cyrus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

search the online help for brarchive. I advise using the cds function, copy-delete-save. Basically, archivelogs won't be deleted until they've been backed up twice. In your init.sap you can even specify different tape pools (or media classes) for the different copies. But it depends on your company's SLA and requirements.

If you're filling up the drive that often, then increase the size of the drive! Or move the logs to a bigger drive! Hopefully you've got at least 30gb for an active OLTP and if you're talking BW, give yourself even more than that.

And check the logswitches and sizing, I bet you should also increase the log sizes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus

Check for settings in init<sid>.sap and execute DB13 from there u can move or delete Archive log files.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cyrus

BRARCHIVE tool for the Oracle database enables you to archive offline redo log files.

Use the option -f|-fill to archive the offline redo log files permanently. In this way, you can make sure that the archiving directory does not fill up.

To make sure that the offline redo log files are archived smoothly, the summary log must exist in readable form.

Moving or deleting is depend on Backup If u have a full offline backup u can delete If u have space to store Archives u can store

Check for Size of redo log files how many archives are generating per day with size of redologfile u can Control Archive file generation

Regards

Vinod