cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After copying a local DC to NWDI DC , i am trying to deploy it .

It got copied correctly .Theni rebuilt it . But while deploying it's giving the following error .

Deployment Aborted: development component 'xxxxxxxx'/'sap.com'/'LOKAL'/yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:Caught exception during application deployment

from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/xxxxxxxxxxxx.. Reason: Clusterwide

exception: Failed to deploy application sap.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException .

can anybody tell me how to resolve this issue .

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look for dependant DC and Check whether the Build fails for dependant DCs.

Mostly if the build for one of the dependant DC fail, it will not get deployed and the main dc which is dependant on it will fail

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DC which i have created is a local DC and not a NWDI DC . Is this the reason for the error ?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Check this [wiki |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/clusterwideexception-FailedtodeployWebDynprocontentforapplication], whether it is helpful.

Regards,

Siva

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is an WebDynpro DC then you should check if it is dependent on some other DCs which should be deployed before it,By going into the Webdynpro referances and checking all the tabs.

Or might be your dc is having Strong Deploy time Dependencies with Some J2EE EA DC,You should check this also.

Hope This will help

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is already one DC with the same name deployed on the J2EE Engine, so if have to do one of the following to make your deployment successful

1) Undeploy your Existing Application using Software Deployment Manager [SDM]

or

2) Rename your existing project and application and try to deploy again

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DC which i have created is a local DC and not a NWDI DC . Is this the reason for the error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Just open the used DC node of your WD DC and see if you have any dependent DC within that. If you have any dependent DCs then deploy them first before deploying your WD DC.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

From the error message, SDM already has a DC 'XXXXXX' deployed (which might be deployed when it is a Local DC). Now you're trying to deploy the same DC (within NWDI). SDM doesn't allow 2 DC deployment with the same name.

Undeploy the (Local) DC deployment in SDM first, and then try NWDI deployment again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jain,

please check saphelp when trying to migrate local DC's to NWDI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/42/c81ebbd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Hth,

Jens