Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigining Roles through Ecatt

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created Ecatt script for creating users and resetting the password they worked fine.

For ASSIGINING THE ROLES to the users,i was trying to assign bunch of roles for the users but it is assiging only the first role in the list and an error is comming like "its not an input field"

I have recorded the script using TCD and while recording , in the roles tab i have copied some 2 roles then saved the user.

While executing the script for the users who have more than 2 roles to be assigned they are getting assigned only 2 roles and not all of the roles.

Some one please let me know how to record and paramaterise for assiging the roles to the users.

Thanks

Padmaja.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

There are a few tutorials on SDN and the web on how to record eCATTs, you might find some hints there. Did you parameterise all the rows in SU01 screen?

After going through this situation a few times before, what I would suggest is that you use SU10 to record your script.

Record the script entering single user into SU10 and add a single role and parameterise those. You can then loop through adding as many roles as you like to the user (in SU01 you are limited by scrolling unless you do something nifty with search functionality). Each User + Role is a new line in your input file and is in my opinion easier to use.

Good luck!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

There are a few tutorials on SDN and the web on how to record eCATTs, you might find some hints there. Did you parameterise all the rows in SU01 screen?

After going through this situation a few times before, what I would suggest is that you use SU10 to record your script.

Record the script entering single user into SU10 and add a single role and parameterise those. You can then loop through adding as many roles as you like to the user (in SU01 you are limited by scrolling unless you do something nifty with search functionality). Each User + Role is a new line in your input file and is in my opinion easier to use.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

As of now i was trying to record using SU01 for assiging the roles.

Now i will try with su10.

Hope it works.

Thanks

Padmaja.

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex it worked with SU10.