cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi adapter in Multimapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Here i am facing a problem in my scenario. the actual scenario is i will be getting an XML file. the data which i am getting needs to be sent to two SAP servers. one is ECC and the other is CRM. here we decided to go for proxies. here my doubts are.

As i need to split the data in XI can we use XI adapter in multimapping.

Is XI adapter resides on Adapter engine .... (as multimapping supports for adapters residing on adapter engine)

if this is not the solution can any one please help me with the suitable solution.

Thanks

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Your requirement is not of multi-mapping.

It requires you to configure two receivers in receiver determination.

If you have a synchronous scenario,then use BPM.if its a async scenario then you can simply do it without BPM,

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Appreciate your quick response. can you please explain it in detail . how do i go ahead with mapping part do i need to go for 2 mappings. please let me know.

regards

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,just develop two separate mappings,one to map the file to ECC structure and second to map file to SRM structure(most probably they will be pretty much the same).

then give two receivers in receiver determination,configure separate interface determination,and separate receiver agreement.you will have only 1 sender agreement.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aamir,

If i do like this, it will become 2 different scenarios. but i like to get this 2 interfaces to be triggered at the same time. i want to send the data to two interfaces at the same time. i just want to split the data coming from the sender file. later i need to post the data into two servers at the same time. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>but i like to get this 2 interfaces to be triggered at the same time

Its not two separate interfaces,its one single interface with multiple receivers.

data will be send to both the systems at the same time.I recently has a similar scenario,where we had to send single file to two separate ECC systems and this is how we did,data was delivered to both the system at the same time perfectly.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, that works fine for me. and my doubt is can i use XI adapter for such a scenario for the 2 interfaces. and if you have any blog for my reference that will be a gr8 help. reallly helpful.

Thanks,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Yeah,you can use XI receiver adapter for both the receiver systems.I was using IDOC adapter but even XI adapter will work,you need to have proxy though on both the receiver systems.

I don't remember of any blogs but you can search for "multiple receivers" in blogs section

Thanx

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Aug 18, 2008 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Aamir,

Till now i am having a thought of implementing the solution as

please go through it once and let me know ur recommended solution. But my only doubt in implementing the above blog is that whether we can use XI adapter on receiver side or not. please guide me. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Did you checked the blog i sent. please let me know your comments on this. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Thanks

Ramana.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier, u dont have to use multimapping as explained in ur blog. U just have to use multiple receivers in the receiver detrmination step as shown

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/content.htm

It has nothing to do with multi-mapping. Just use 2 mappings and interface mapping and proceed with scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)