cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue installing sneak prev. edition of SAP web appl. server java 6.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I'm new to SAP. I downloaded the trial version of the web application server. I had no problem during the installation (that I did on Win XP with j2sdk1.4.2), where, as I was invited to, I set up a master password for this set of users:

-the operating system user j2eadm

-the operating system user SAPServiceJ2E

-the database user SAPJ2EDB in database JD2

-the J2EE engine user Administrator

-the J2EE engine user Guest

After the installation I logged in as the new added user j2eadm using the password I set up. Then I used the SAP management console and I was able to start the services, but I was unable to access the database J2E that was created during the installation. I tried to access it using SAPJ2EDB as user name and the same password I used to log in as the OS user j2eadm. What I had for responce was "-24950 user authorization failed ". Then I found the database manager (DBM75.exe under ...\SAPinst_WAS\J2EE-CD\SAPDB\NT\SETUPS) and through it I can see the J2E db but I am unable to connect to it. Can anybody help me understand what I am doing wrong? Is it the case to retry to install? Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same error when I click on database in MMC console. Could you please tell me the solution if you already got the answer.

Thanks,

Naresh

stefan_seemann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

the user SAPJ2EDB ist an SQL user. You can logon

with this user via SQL Studio or websql.

To administrate the database via SAPMMC, DBMGUI or

dbmcli you have to use a "DBM" user ( Database Manager user ). The name of

this user is "control". The default password for it is also "control". It is not changed during the installation

but you can change it afterwards if you want to.

More documentation about MaxDB is available here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/maxdb/

Best regards, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stefan

I've to try JCo and I'd like to know if the sneak version of WSA 6.40 allows me to. In this case, can you please help me understand what parameters should I pass to the client object through JCO.createClient? Base on what I found on the tutoriale available with JCO, I'm trying this:

JCO.createClient("001", "control", "control", null, my_host_name, "00");

but what I get is:

connect to SAP gateway failed

Connect_PM GWHOST=my_host_name, GWSERV=sapgw00, ASHOST=my_host_name, SYSNR=00

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/UP) on local host

ERROR partner not reached (host my_host_name, service 3300) ...

- what am I doing wrong?

- parameters userid and password have to refer to what user? How can I create his account?

Consider that now everything is on: sap db, enqueue and message services, j2ee instance and SDM.

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaetano,

what you have is: the Web Application Server for Java (or J2EE). What you need for JCo is: an ABAP system, either remotely available or a minimal ABAP system locally, called MiniSAP (available in SAP shop or as additional gift to some ABAP books). If you have one of both and an account in such a system, then you will have the necessary connection definitions like user, system number, password etc.

WebAS is the application platform of SAP NetWeaver, you have (roughly said) one half of it, the Java stack.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan