cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check & requirements process in SAP - Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to the Availability check & rescheduling processes in SAP.

Please help in regards to the following:

1) Is the following a correct summary of the Schedule Line/Availability process for Sales Documents? Am I missing any important steps?:

A. Sales Order is created

B. Availability check per item

C. System determines that item 10 cannot be delivered on the requested delivery date

D. 1 or more schedule lines are created automatically for late delivery dates

E. If Replenishment lead time is turned ON during the Availability check, the system will promise stock/delivery at the end of RLT. For example, if RLT is set at 177 days and no stock is available for that period, the system would promise delivery at the earliest date outside of RLT. Item would be confirmed at the earliest date outside of RLT.

F. If Replenishment lead time is turned off, the system promises stock at the earliest guaranteed date.

2) In regards to the above process, when is a delivery document created? Is it create automatically by the system or manually?

3) What is the difference between confirmed & committed quantities/items?

4) Will stock be split into multiple deliveries with or without RLT? Why? Can the buyer request to have the stock delivered all at one time & if so, where is this configured?

5) What are planned orders and are they relevant to this process?

Please help. This is very important.

Regards,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Availability check you can refer SAP site at [Types of Availability Check in Sales and Distribution Processing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/93/744b51546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

E and F are correct.

2) The delivery document is created based on confirmation date at the schedule line level (in sales order). Deliveries can be created either online or by a background job, which can be set-up using VL01 or VL10G.

3) Confirmed quantity is the quantity that is confirmed at the schedule line level after the availability check. A committed quantity is one, when a sales order is created, the quantity is initially committed. This can be changed due to other process reasons, like changes in material master data, MRP data etc

4) Depending on how you want to deliver the goods, the stock will be split up into deliveries. For example, when you do availabitlity check at the sales order, the system proposes delivery date(s) based on the available quantities. If you want delivery for total quantity, you can select accordingly.

5) Planned order: A request created in the planning run for a plant to trigger the procurement of a plant material for a certain quantity for a specific date. Yes this relevant to availability check and it is more of PP functionality.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding your first question........your understanding of the process is correct. It will give you more clarity if you understand the scheduling process. Before creating the schedule lines, the system carries the backward scheduling and if it fails to confirm the delivery for the requested delivery date, then carries out forward scheduling.

Q2. The Delivery is never created automatically unless a background job is scheduled for that activity. When the schedule lines are due for delivery, automatically that will be added to the Delivery Due List and then the delivery can be processed.

Q4. The ordered quantity will be split into multiple deliveries based on the availability check by way of multiple schedule lines creation. RLT is not the only factor that creates multiple schedule lines. Apart from RLT there are so many other factors which creates multiple deliveries (planned inward movement of goods).

Thought all the questions are related to a single topic, it is not advisable to ask many questions in a single thread. Many members avoid giving replies to this kind of threads and there is every chance of missing good replies.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva & Ravi. The information provided clarifies many of my theories in regards to this process.

There is a problem with the ATP check of this process, so I wanted to make sure that I understood the bigger picture before trying to find the affected area.

Ravi - In regards to the many questions asked, I will take your advice for the future. These questions are related to the topic outlined, but I'll try to separate them into different threads in the future (if I am able to).

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process data that I wrote down was taken from reading that help.SAP.section.

However, the process isn't made completely clear in that link (where does delivery take place, splitting quantities, etc). I need someone with knowledge of this process to confirm or make notes about the process that I outlined before.

Please help.