cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender (XI 3.0, SP14) Load Balancing doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We're "desperately" trying to use the Load Balancing option of RFC Sender Adapter (XI 3.0, SP14). It doesn't work.

The Adapter can not register to the sender SAP server. But when we do not use the "Load Balancing" option, everything works well.

We did follow the XI guidelines step-by-step. All necessary configurations in XI and in SAP sender system (TA: SM59) are "properly" done and reviewed by different experts several times.

Do you have, by chance any running scenario using "Load Balancing" within a RFC Adapter? If yes, I would appreciate if you can share it with me.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Khaled

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andreas_stolz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Khaled,

the RFC sender adapter registers a program at the SAP Gateway. Load Balancing for the Sender Adapter means, that you have at least two J2EE server nodes within your XI installation. On all these server nodes the same RFC sender adapter is started and register the same program at the same gateway. The load balancing is then handled by the gateway. That means, that for the sender adapter the settings are the same, even if you use load balancing or not.

The settings are, e.g.

- SID=ABC

- hostname=abchost (central instance, message server)

- hostname=xyzhost (additional dialog instance of ABC)

- instance nr=00

application server (gateway): xi1host

application server service (gw-service): sapgw00

programm id: could be freely choosen

The Metadata Repository could be connected using load balancing. Here a user need to log on to the system.

The settings here must be:

Message-Server: abchost

Message-Server-Service: sapmsABC

System-ID: ABC

Logon-Group: e.g. PUBLIC; this logon group need to be created in system ABC using transaction SMLG

For the RFC-Receiver Adapter the same settings as for the Metadata could be used.

Keep in mind, that for the RFC Sender Adapter a RFC connection of type T must be created in transaction SM59 in system ABC.

Rgds.,

Andreas

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Khaled, I was searching for an answer to the same issue. Did you get this working ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

No good results yet. Still working on...

I'll let you know, if any news.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I've got an SAP guy here today and that is one of the things he is looking at for us.

I'll post the answer if we find it.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

We did get it partly working. In the rfc receiver channel, we needed to use an unexpected value in the 'Message Server Service'. We found we had to use 'sapmsQC3' where 'QC3' is the SID for the R/3 system. We were expecting to use the gateway value for the R/3 system, such as 'sapgw07'.

Still can't seem to get the rfc sender channel working though. If we make an RFC call from the R/3 database server (the value used in the sender channel) the rfc works. If we try the same rfc from an app server connected to R/3 system, it can't find the target and shows up in SM58. There isn't a parameter to accept calls from any system in the landscape, but you can make it use load balancing for the metadata.

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos