cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cprojects and DIR'S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Scenario: Our customer requirement is that external guy shall be logging in to the Enterprise Portal and creating a project and wbs element ( Through SAP PS backend integration) after doing this he/she shall be uploading documents which should create DIR's in the backened programatically.At this point we are realizing it to be BAPI calls to create DIR's in the backend. My question is Lets say we open up Cprojects and Cfolders on the SAP EP, where in Cprojects and Cfolders can talk to SAP DMS in the backend. Do we have to still depend on the BAPI calls to create DIR's in the SAP DMS or are there integration touch points between SAP DMS and SAP Cproject where in the process flow is concurrent, As in once the external guy uploads a document it shall create a DIR in the DMS. Can some one out there throw some light on this issue and help me in giving some inputs as to how i can take it to the next level.

Points for sure!!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

cProjects is basically for managing projects.

It can work standalone, hence SAP has provided separate storage for storing documents

However cProjects is linked to SAP DMS via Object links

Also You can create a DIR from cProjects

When you turn the object links by customizing in Project Type

new tab will be available in cPro and make relevant customizing in DC10 for Object link

Select DIR Create option as Create Simple DOC

then check

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Aug 19, 2008 11:23 AM