cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC & WD ABAP Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

My requirement is to call a WD iView from a VC iView. I tried to follow this blog and few other materials:

The blogs speaks on eventing in VC, i've tried to implement the same with a sample flight application where in table control on click of button, it would call a WD IView. It fails/not workinga s expected. so my questions are:

1. Is it possible to integrate VC and WD iView or pass parameters between the two? If yes, how?

2. The blog speaks on passing parameters. I want an application where when i call an WD iView from a VC iView, the page shall contain only the WD iView and when i go back i shall go back to VC iView?Its a navigation between the two iViews but at one time only one iView appears on page depending. If this can be implemented, please let me know how?

Thanks,

Santosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As per my knowledge you can go for CAF Guided Procedure to integrate VC and Wd ABAP iviews. GP helps to communicate between different applications created in different environment. But I have not tried it.

You can check this link:

http://santy.wikidot.com/wd-vc-portal-eventing

This explains WD VC Portal Eventing .

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

if i am not correct you want to navigate to WD screen form ur VC application and again pressing back you want to come back to the vc application

am i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for ur responses.

Yeah, the requirement ges this way:

From screen 1(VC) i want to navigate to screen 2(WD ABAP) and then back to screen 3(VC) and reverese navigation too.

Am also investigating on Suspend and Resume plugs if that helps.

thanks,

verma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

This is very much possible i have already done

Steps

1. create a URl/webdynpro iview in portal for ur WD application

2. lets assume u want to navigate when u press a button in 1 form in VC

3. for that drag out the form and create data store object then by defaualt EVT1 event will come

select it to submit event

Datas store object->configure element->+ field name select1

Type Number

defaul value 0

after that select submit event select1 = @select1+1

4 then create a html iview give visibility condition @select1>1

5 make the size of the html i view as per your requirement

6 then in vc create a form and and add a back image and place it accordingly

give visibility condition @select>=1

again connect it to data store object select event submit

select1 = 0

This will wok

Regards

Amiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I hope you have used the html iview for ABAP view in VC. So better keep all of them in different layers. Then try to navigate in between the layers.

This thread also explains the same. check this out:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/watches!add.jspa?forumID=58&threadID=1013224

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amiya,

Sorry for a late reply. But we got a work around to the problem, a solution similar to your solution.

Am awarding full points.

Nutun,

Thanks for your response. The link you gave, it's of my collegue and am familiar with that.

rewarded.

Thanks,

Santosh.

Answers (0)