cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background processing load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to restart application server, but a lot of people are logged on. So I modified logon groups to log people only on central instance in SMLG and post message in SM02 to inform users to logout and logon again. So dial users are logging on CI now but how can I take care of the jobs ? There are still some jobs started on application server, how can I force the application server to stop server the background jobs? I need to do this online, please advice.

I know I can edit jobs and specify the target server, but I am looking for better solution... dont want to edit customers jobs...

Thanks

JM

Edited by: Josef Macinka on Aug 18, 2008 3:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, you could try using Operation Modes to change the processes from BGD to DIA, meaning that when you switch the OM all the BGD processes will be converted to DIA as soon as the job is finished avoiding new jobs to start. Once all the processes are swaped to DIA restart the instance.

Regards

Juan

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Aug 18, 2008 2:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, actually I realized this few mins ago also I did it exactly like you said, new OP mode with 0 BG processes on application server and switched it, so now I am just waiting for 3 BTC processes to finish and than application server will be free to restart.....

JM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great.. good luck!

Juan

Answers (0)