cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

running heuristics twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I run a SNP heuristic run for the first time, the system does net requirements calculation and created planned orders/stock transfers/purchase requisitions. Now if I run the exact same run again....does the system create any orders again? or does the system doesn't do anything because the net requirements balance now as the orders are created??

I think it's the second one that happens, system not doing anything as everything is already planned. Am I right??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even though the requirements have not changed,if there is time difference between the your first heuristic run and second heuristics run,planning run will re-generate the planned orders with new planning dates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

When you say the system regenerates, I am assuming the order would be recreated with a different number and the same quantity, assuming no change in demand or consumption between the runs.

What happens to the old order created? Does it delete it? or is it duplicated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of new orders/numbers depend on Settings on active profile in SNP Global setting in customisation

Advanced Planning and Optimisation->Supply chain planning->Supply Network Planning->Mantain Global SNP Setting>SNP Profile>SAP ( Active profile )-->Aggr.: Old Orders for planned orders at product level Heu.: Order Update for stock transfer orders

They will not duplicate in either case wether existing orders are replanned or new order numbers with new plan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Visu,

Reaction to planning run or output of planning run depends on various factors.

In the immediate 2nd planning run it may replan or it may not which is dependent upon various parameters ex.

1) Net change parameter : if we select this parameter, then it will plan only those parameters which have gone planning relevant change else it will replan all the components.

2) Planning file entry etc..

with regards,

Mangesh A. Kulkarni