cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections for Syndication Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In my repository in Connections table I have an entry for MDM Syndication server. What is this for? normally we will have connections for all GUI showing all the active sessions.

Thanks-

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When you first create a new MDM repository, MDM

automatically creates the Connections table (as a child of the Admin node of the Console Hierarchy tree).MDM receives a connection request from a client process which

includes a UserName and UserPassword.

Connection tabel will display the various applications connecting to the MDM repository.

these fields are managed by MDM. each record show connectivity with client and it's time.

By portal server you can also connect it.

hope it helps.

Rgds

Deepak

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Still waiting for replies.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your syndication server installed on a separate machine than MDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Connection tabel will display the applications connecting to the MDM repository.

Connection records consist of a predefined set of fields and are system-managed by MDM. Each record represents an MDM client application that is currently connected to the repository, along with the connection time and time since last access, allowing you to monitor connection activity.

Even if you have the portal server connecting to the rep you will get it in connecntion tables.

like SAP MDM JAVA API

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pinto for the reply.

In our case we are not using Auto Syndication and hence Syndication server Application shud not be connecting to MDM. Still we are getting this entry in Connection table.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think you are syndicating records using Java APIs and using it you are connecting to syndication server.

Please check if this is the case.

Thanks and Regards,

Sagar Sonje