Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Sales Document Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am facing following problem.

For a Standard Sale Order (OR), when I create LF - Delivery Document (PGI not yet done) it updates Sales Order status (in Table - VBUK ) as "C" i.e. completed.

We are using standard User Exits.

Please inform what will be the reason it updates the status as completed before completion of PGI.

Best suitable answer will be rewarded with full points.

Regards,

Dilip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is behaving in correct way only. As soon as you create delviery for order then automatically order status will be updates as completed becuase delviery document already been created. But if you look at delviery document status then it will be in open status or in processing status only. Because as long as you dont create billing till then delveiry status will be open only. Once you create billing then delveiry doc status will be updates as complet..

Hope you have undetstood the concept...

Regards

sankar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

As we've been discussing here, that status for Sales Order is set by the system as standard behaviour to "C - Complete" when created the Delivery document.

The GI status "C - Complete" is just related to the delivery document.

To manage the status for the whole sales activities, you can check by the sales activities status table VBUK.

AS mentioned before, you can always check the field VBUK-WBSTK that controls if the sales activities already have GI.

Coming back to the point, itu2019s possible to set "user" status for the sales document. I'd never use that but seems to be like that:

GO to IMG:

Sales and Distribution -> Sales-> Sales Documents-> Define And Assign Status Profile

- Here you set your user status for sales doc.

- You have to set the behaviour of when update the status into your sales doc.

- And then assign it to you sales doc type.

GO to IMG:

Sales and Distribution -> Sales-> Sales Documents-> Define Display Status in the Overview Screen

- Here you assign the sales doc type to the status.

I was trying to do that but didn't work because have to read more detailed about it.

Please investigate about that point. If works, let us know!

Sorry for not help more than that.

Regards,

Demétrius

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip...

Sales order status is showing the correct value only (as per my knowledge) as you have created the delivery document....

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dilip,

It is correct according to standard SAP. When the subsequent document is created for full quantity, the preceding document will get completed status.

When you created a delivery for full quantity with reference to sa sales order, the sales order is fully refered, so the system will consider it as completed. There is no subsequent document to be created again from the same.

Hope you are clear.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When subsequent document is created, then the status of preceeding document becomes as complete. As our gurus mentioned we can see that on document flow.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dilip

u have done or - LF and u didnt done the pgi but in document flow it shows completed bec of in copy controls we will check Document Flow. Thats y v will get document is complete

In va02 in document flow picking status shows completed where as Delivery status is Being Processed. Bec in vl01n we will give picking quantity . Thats y i will show picking status complete..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DILIP SHENDE,

The sales order status is "Completed" according to the delivery creation.

It means, the "Sales Order" process is completed, not the "Sales Process". That's why we have distinct fieldu2019s status to control de whole process.

If you want to control the "Goods Issue" status you can manage that from the field: VBUK-WBSTK.

Please let me now if I clarified your question or not.

Best regards,

Demétrius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Demétrius,

Thanks for the positive reply.

I am interested to modify the Sales Order status based on PGI.

Will you please tell me, whether it is possible through customization or any program modification is required?

If possible please mention the details.

With Regards,

Dilip Shende