cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyone knows how can I implement an asyncronous web service in XI? Is it possible to do it without Integration Processes?

Thanks,

Haroldo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I exactly need is:

1. External application calls WebService

2. XI receives the call and sends some kind of ACK

3. External application is released for further processing

4. XI calls other interface, for instance, a BAPI

5. As soon as XI receives the interface response, XI sends the result back to the calling application, working with something like a callback.

I had tested the EO option, but it still blocks the consumer of the service. I belive that it handled XI messaging asynchronoulsy - specially between SOAP adapter and XI, but the protocol between XI and client was not assync. I am right? If so, anyone has another idea instead of ccBPM?

Thanks,

Haroldo

0 Kudos

Did you had a look at

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario is like an async- sync bridge scenario and it can be done without ccBPM. Check the following link

Using the above link you can configure your scenario in such a way that the response of the BAPI (RFC) will be routed asynchronously to your receiver SOAP adapter thus not holding up your client application.

Thanks,

Shweta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The adapter module option provided in the last two replies won't work bcoz SOAP sender does not support the use of modules.

In ur case, if u want to achieve Step 3, then u will have to use BPM or else go for sync scenario.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is possible to use Asynchronous Web Service without Integration Process.

In sender SOAP adapter change the quality of service into EO or EOIO for Asynchronous.

Regards,

Prakasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can go through below links :

Invoke Webservices using SAPXI

Thanks