cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAKE MASK READ ONLY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created two masks and now want to assign it to different users. Suppose I have created two masks "mask1" and "mask2" and created two role (one is duplicate of others)

and assigned these roles to two different users and in conlole in "table and field tab" under role table I have slected mask1 from the drop down list and click on the read only radio button. But After doing this I can edit this mask1 i.e. add and delete fields from this mask1 in data manager (after login with specific userId and password).It is not appearing as read only.

How can I make mask1 read only and mask2 writable or the or vice versa for these two users?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

When you are Modifying access under the table MASKS it will be setting conditions on Masks table itself.

When you are selecting Mask1 for user1 then there is no case exists for Mask2 hence whether mask2 is read-only or writable doesn't make any differenece because user1 can not see the records present in the Mask2.

If you want to assign Mask1 to user1 and want to make it read-only i.e. user should allow to modify the records present in Mask1 then you have to make the main table as read-only.

Hope it is clear

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh and Simoan Thanks a lot for your co-operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

You have given very clear and to thepoint answer of my question. Thanks a lot.

But One thig that is If I select mask table and right click after selection any field of it> add any record then it will not added in mask. Instead It will add under mail table. Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

When you select the Masks table from the drop down list available in the Data Manager and right click -> Add will add the new mask record in the Masks table and this new mask record will be available when you want to put the records in some mask. Also this newly created mask record will be visible in the MDM console under Admin -> Role -> Tables&Fields so that you can restrict the users.

This is the only way to create the Masks

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am not getting the function Mask as Read -only under TABLE AND FIELD TAB.

Because when I have selected mask (name and task) as read only under TABLE AND FIELD TAB and all the functions (like add to mask , remove from mask etc..) under FUNCTION tab then what is happenning ,only the functions those are selected as NONE are getting disabled. But we can edit/modify the existing rcord of MASK although it is read-only.So what is the purpose of read-only if we only select this radio button or select it with other functions?

Another question Is it posibble to add record under mask (by right click> select add button) as we add record under data manager ?

Thanks

Edited by: pappu halder on Aug 19, 2008 12:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What ever access you are disabling in the console under the tables and fields tab or the functions tab that are applicable for the Mask Table and not the records in the mask .

Mask table is a unique table in MDM rep like nay other table like products or named searches.

so when you disable modify mask or add to mask functiions you are actually restricting adding any new rec under the mask table heading or editing any mask rec you have already craeted.

A mask rec refer to an entry in the mask tabl and not the records from the main table that you have added in the mask.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pappu,

Read-Only in Tables and Fields wont allow you to do modifications in the Mask table(i.e. creation, deletion and modification of masks) and setting the Function Accesses like Add to Mask, Remove from Mask etc are actually for records present in the Mask.

You can not add the mask by right clicking. For this select the mask table from the drop down list in Data Manager and in that you can add the mask

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from "table and field tab" under role table, there is functions tab too, here you could find options Add to Mask, Remove from Mask, Replace from Mask, and Modify Mask, Mark this access also to None under Node MDM Data Manager.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MDM the Tables and fields are correlated to the Functions tab as well in MDM roles.

- So if for any particular role you have made the Masks as Read only you will also have to make changes under the Functions tab as well

- Role->(Select the role you do not want to give access)Functions->MDM Data Manager->

- ADD to mask,Modify masks,Remove from masks,Replace masks.

- You will have to give access to all these functions as well for that particular Role in question

- Give access as NONE or Exceute under the functions tab

- And accordingly make the table as Read only

- It should work

- Also if you want to particular role to be constrainted to only a set of records you can add them in the constraint column in the table and field tab

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto