cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1: DO operation with local cols not modifiable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a question regarding NW Mobile 7.1, PDA development. NWDS SP05 P01

Dear all,

I am using a data objectect operation which I extended in the service component by 2 more columns. In the UI component I later loop through the result set and assigne values to those columns.

Now I found that I cannot modify the underlying DO with this operation anymore. When I call the set method for a column which exists in the database (not for the manually added columns) and then call the get method, the old value is fetched. This happens before and after calling commit.

questions:

1: could it be that the result set now is read only?

2: should I have added the two columns to the context instead of the DO output structure?

Thanks, Andre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I´m not sure if I completely understood what you are doing. What exactly do you mean with a Data Object operation? And how did you extend it by 2 additional columns?

It looks to me that you are maybe using Data Structures. In this case, you can add more "custom attributes" to the Data Structures. But these entities are just read only. So, calling the setter-methods of the Data Structure will only modify the objects in memory. But it will never write these changes to the database. This is the nature of the Data Structure.

Please come back to me if you are doing something else.

Regards,

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks again. This answers my problem. I was using Data Structures and I just changed it back to not use my structure. Instead I added the columns to the context and it works

Good to understand that Data Structures are read only.

Cheers, Andre