Former Member
0 Kudos

is sap system mandatory for xi?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mohua,

as you know XI/PI is a part of SAP Netweaver Platform and is a product from SAP,

so the XI tools need to be accessed through the SAP system.

but, In case of sending and receiving parties of XI you may have SAP or Non SAP Systems.

In XI you have Adapters to communicate with those SAP/non SAP systems and integrate them through XI.

so it is not mandatory to have only SAP systems at the sender and receiver.

Overview:

SAP/non SAP System----->SAP PI--

>SAP/non SAP System.

Share this info with your friends

Regards,

Sankar Choudhury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx shankar.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to import data from text files, generated by an external system, into SAP automatically without a start command by the final user and I'd like to use an xi interface to do this. Can someone help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its NOT required to have SAP system if you are using XI.

XI is a middleware tool and is independent of any system,you can have XI working just fine in any landscape(no need of any other SAP system).

Thanx

Aamir

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

It needs SAP system as all have answered, Plus You should have Configurations Specific to XI or you can say post installation steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohua,

The XI Integration Engine runs on the ABAP stack of SAP Web Application Server.........so XI runs on a SAP system which serves as an Integration Server for the other SAP/Non-SAP Application Servers in the system landscape. Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,it is mandatory for xi

thanks

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Xi operates on two stacks

1) ABAP stack it uses SAP Client

2) Java stack.

I suggest u first go through the architecture of Xi inorder to understand it in bettwe way.

Search on SDN.

Chirag