cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company, that's already a SAP customer, will use xMII 12 in the next weeks for plant integrations.

We are trying, as developers, to familiarize with this software and its workbench: I downloaded the trail vmware with netweaver 2004s (Java and ABAP version), thinking to install, in a next step, xMII on the netweaver runtime.

I used my company's account to service.sap.com to download just the .sca related to XMII in order to deploy it, but I realized that it's necessary, to download this small file, to have an installation of Solution Manager (which we don't have) and so on!

Why everything is so complex? We would like only start practicing on xMII development...

is there a trial version of xMII? how could we do to proceed? It's frustrating!

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thank you all

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Yes, that has been a major complaint in the installation of 12.0. But I don't think that there is much you can do about it. It is the direction that SAP has taken with xMII. The good thing is that once Solution Manager and NetWeaver has been installed, you are generally set. Many folks who already have SAP ERP installed turn all these problems over to their internal Basis personnel to take care of. However for the rest of the folks who don't have such resources, it can be pretty difficult.

You have my sympathy, but there is not much else I can help you with.

By the way, you do not need the ABAP portion of NetWeaver for MII.

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 18, 2008 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael, your post confirms what I 'm thinking about SAP approach to this product.

Answers (0)