Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

initCtx.lookup("jmx") throws strange Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to get handle of an MBeanServer from the JVM like described

in the Netweaver help (in reality there is still a try .. catch clause to be added):

import javax.naming.InitialContext;

import javax.management.MBeanServer;

// Lookup MBeanServer from the JNDI

InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext();

MBeanServer mbs = (MBeanServer) initCtx.lookup("jmx");

But if I do that I alway get this Exception you can see below. So now I wonder do I have a problem with the configuration of my server or is the documentation of SAP wrong? Has somebody else tried something like this.

Thanks for any hints!!

Nils

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:640)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getURLOrDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:280)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)

at M.init(M.java:33)

at M.main(M.java:114)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

did you specify the InitialContext factory to be used? Because that's missing in the code snippet.

You should use something like

Properties env = new Properties();

env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl");

for more information about creating InitialContext see the documentation at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/8f633e0084e946e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo!

Thanks for the advice, but the thing is running on the server side and the document you refered me to says the following:

Clients that are running on the server side do not need to specify any properties. They simply use the InitialContext constructor without parameters:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

And I suppose the "Properties env" is supposed to get in "InitialContext(env);", but since I won't use this call at all ...

Hm, it is a pity, since sometimes it would really easier not to do it remotely. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Nils