cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: DIFFERENCE IN APO: OPENING DATE / ECC: PLND OPEN DATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am an APO contractor on PP/DS project in UK. We are 2 wks from Go-live & have start & ends dates matching perfectly in APO & ECC (R/3).

I would like clarification as why there is a 1 week (7 day) diff between ECC & APO? ECC: Plnd Open: 22.01.09 / APO: Opening date 28.01.08.

Timezone is same in both systems: CET.... Would this be poss cause as APO Heuristic (MRP) runs to create in-house Pld Ord & have diff in Opening date? ie: should timezone be set to GMT in both systems?

OR is is that ECC is planned in calendar days & APO is work days, as specified by the Factory Calendar (Mon > Fri 0800 > 16:00) both ECC & APO have workdays Mon > Fri.

Can any of the SDN team advise why diff in Planned opening dates between ECC & APO, not go-live crit as start & end dates are correct; client would like to undertsand better?

Prompt advise is appreciate; please advsie further clarification.

Many thanks,

Andrew Gosling

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You must be planning on a weekly bucket. You need to check the period factor in the PPM. It is the field which decides when the planned orders should be created by Heuristics i.e in the beginning of the bucket, middle of the bucket or end of the bucket respective values for these behaviors are 0, 0.5, 1.

Since you are not using Optimizer so Bucket offset is not of much importance for you.

Hope changing the Period indicator to 0, resolves the issue...

Regards,

Manjit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjit,

Thanks you very kindly for oyur prompt response.. The client is not using the PP/DS Optimiser right now, and the lot sizing used for this example & majority of the products are planned using Lot For Lot Exact, given the nature of thje business.

I have checkled the Product Data Structure (PDS) as they are not using PPMs.. and the Period factor in the header is set to 0.00.

There is no set-up time till the 3rd, 4th & 6th operations, so it is not related to set-up time..

Do you have any other suggestions / recommendations?

Cheers & thanks,

Andrew Gosling

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Are you planning in weekly buckets. Also i would like to know the transaction you are using to compare the orders in APO and ECC. As APO recognizes the order with the available date which is mostly the last day the order processing is scheduled to end.

If i am not wrong the order for which you gave an example will have a start date as 22nd while the end date will be after 7 days i.e. 28th. So in this case APO will recognize the order by the availability date i.e. 28th in this case.

I hope you will not find a difference if you will use product/ process view for checking the associated dates in APO.

Regards,

Manjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjit,

Thanks agian for your prompt respnse to the thread. The client is using a mix of Lot 4 Lot, Weekly L4L, Monthly L4L & 12mth L4L. The majority of prods are set to L4L exact.

The transactions I am using to compare Opening Planned order Opening dates are APO: Product View (RRP3) and ECC / R3: Stock requirements List (MD04). Client regularly uses ZDELTA (CCR) but these do not appear in the CCR report.

Dates are as follows:

APO ECC

Opening date: 280109 220109

Start date: 110209 110209

Finish date: 240309 240309

Thanks for your time & response & speak 2morrow.

Andrew Gosling