cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail notification after change of Support Message Status ...

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i've tried to customize our system for sending email notifications after changing of Support Message Status. I followed this blog:

and I was able to set everything exactly how it is recommended there. But unfortunately I cann't see the new action in any Support Message. Do you have any idea where could be problem?

Actually I had one problem. If I want to display some start Condition Configuration I don't see its Condition Definition. The Condition Configuration seems to be empty but after opening of Condition Editor I can see the definition (for example &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SLFN0001). After condition check the message "The condition has no syntax errors." appears. So now I don't know whether the Start Condition Configuration is correct or not. Has someone meet with this problem?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Best Regards,

Zbynek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In action defination have you assigned correct partner function to that status?

Regards,

Nikhil

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

So problem was/is in definition of partner-dependence. If I select SLFN0002 (Reported By) it works but if I select SLFN0004 (Message Processor) it doesn't. I have a user (Business Partner) that is creator of test message and also its message processor. But after change partner-dependence from SLFN0002 to SLFN0004 the action became unavailable. Any suggestion?

And one more question. I can set action for sending mail notification everytime after message saving (in case the status is "In processing"). Is it possible to set Start Condition to be satisfied just when status will change from "New" to "In processing"?

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the partner function in the partner determination procedure that u are using for the support message. Partner Function SLFN0004 should be in the partner determination proc u r using.

Ang the action will be visible in to Action tab if u have entered the business partner for Message Processor(SLFN0004).

And for sending mails depending on the status, you can do this very well, for this you have to set the satrt condition. In this write the condition for status. Get the status values for status In processing from table TJ30 for the status prfile u are using..

reward i it helps.

regards,

mahantesh

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Probably I found out where was the problem. If some BP is assigned to more than one partner function (for example Message Processor and Support Team is same partner), the action is unavailable. Maybe some conflict generates.

Thank you all for your advices!

Best Regards,

Zbynek

Edited by: Zbynek Kabrt on Aug 19, 2008 3:05 PM

Edited by: Zbynek Kabrt on Aug 19, 2008 3:08 PM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained exactly single space between each of them? Please check that

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under BP role " Employee" and field name "user name" enter search term same as in address tab.

Regards,

Nikhil

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked all settings that you recommended and everything should be right. But problem still persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained BP properly?

Under BP role " Business Partner" and "Indentification Tab" put details like...

1) Ext. BP no.--> Syatem ID<Space>Client<Space>Search Term which you have entered on

"Address" Tab. It should match with your user name in SU01.

2) ID type --> CRM001

3) Identification no. -->SyatemID<Space>Installation no.<space>Client<Space>Search term.

Try this.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zbynek,

Well, when you press F4 and select the condition, some times it won't work. I suggest you to put = and type the entire condition string. For example, =E0002SLFN0001 and then, click on the button which says Insert line range and save.

Hope this works for you as i got the same issue and it is working for me.

Cheers,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While defining start condition have you click on operator "=" ?

If this doesnt satisfy, mail would not trigger for status change.

Feel free to revert back.

Regards,

Nikhil

zbynek_kabrt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all but no advice doesn't solve the problem.

...The action is not triggered neither for new tickets.

...It's not problem with permissions and authorization. I test it with user who has SAP_ALL profile.

...Yes, I selected "=" operator but it doesn't work.

Any else suggestions?

Zbynek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zbynek,

The link which you followed is the perfect one. However, you are unable to find any new Actions. As far as this Actions concern, the user who is trying to change the Support message status (Service Desk employee) should have the proper Authorizations. Then only that user should be able to see the New Actions by clicking on Action button.

Please go through the following link to know more about Authorizations of Change Request Management.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/35/613542e454b104e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After defining actions and defining their schedule condtion, it takes some time to affect in the system.

For this you create the new ticket rather than using alsready created.

regards,

mahantesh