Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Is there a simple way to HTTP Post a flat file?

Is there a simple way to http post a flat file?

The scenario -

We are invoking an ABAP client proxy that sends data to XI which maps the data to an xml file which represents the flatfile data.

The issue - I can generate the flat file through the file adapter receiver specifying file content conversion and giving it the fieldFixedLengths. But I have no option to do this in the HTTP adapter receiver.

What I am attempting to do is to pick up the flatfile generated through the file adapter in a temporary file location as a binary file, send it through an non-existent interface (not defined in the Repository but just made up) and then post this content to the HTTP destination. I am able to pick up the flatfile and route it all the way through to the HTTP receiver sender channel. I am getting an error at that point - but I am not sure if this is because i am just posting it to the XI integration server temporarily (the partner's URL is not available yet).

I am not sure if this is a good approach. Is there a simple way to do this without developing any custom code?

Regards,

Jay Malla

SAP XI Consultant

Licensed To Code

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question