Is there a simple way to HTTP Post a flat file?

Is there a simple way to http post a flat file?

The scenario -

We are invoking an ABAP client proxy that sends data to XI which maps the data to an xml file which represents the flatfile data.

The issue - I can generate the flat file through the file adapter receiver specifying file content conversion and giving it the fieldFixedLengths. But I have no option to do this in the HTTP adapter receiver.

What I am attempting to do is to pick up the flatfile generated through the file adapter in a temporary file location as a binary file, send it through an non-existent interface (not defined in the Repository but just made up) and then post this content to the HTTP destination. I am able to pick up the flatfile and route it all the way through to the HTTP receiver sender channel. I am getting an error at that point - but I am not sure if this is because i am just posting it to the XI integration server temporarily (the partner's URL is not available yet).

I am not sure if this is a good approach. Is there a simple way to do this without developing any custom code?

Jay Malla

SAP XI Consultant

Licensed To Code