cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC components

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is as follows:

I am creating a web service to send a mail between users using Webdynpro as my UI.

when i test my Webservice, no mails are triggered .

I was advised to use a separate DC component which also deploys the mail.jar and activation.jar files.

can someone help me out explaining the entire procedure in simple terms as to how i go about doing this ??

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are using NW04s then for utilizing the external jars like Mail.jar you can follow the below mentioned steps:--

1.) Create an External library DC . Import the Jar file into the DC and Exposed it As Two Public Parts

1. Assembly(Can be bundled in SDA 2nd option)

2. Compilation(1st Option)

2.) Now Create an EAR DC Project and Use the Assembly Public Part As Used DC with Build And Run time Dependency.

3.) Build the EA DC and Deply the EAR

4.)Now in your WD DC use the Compilation PP of External library Dc as Used DC with Build time Dependency.

5.) Click on the WD DC go to Project Properties choose Shared Referances and Put the Value like this :--

<Domain name like sap.com>/<Name of your EA DC excluding domain name and track name as appeard in Development Configuration Perspective>

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur help

But cud u plz explain this in a little more detail.I am still new to DC concepts

We need to add the jar files in DC component and then deploy that on the server.

A blog wud be useful

thanx once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what ever siddharth has told above it will surely work.Because I also faced the same problem we solved the problem in the same fashion by creating an external DC(like lib project).

In this for adding the jars like mail.jar go to navigator prespective and right click on the project, goto File System and add ur jar files.

Create a public part for this DC so that u can use this in any of the DC's.Create an EAR for the following DC and deploy it in the server and u have to share this EAR reference in sharing references to pick the jar(mail.jar) from server at runtime.

Regards,

Saleem.

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was advised to use a separate DC component which also deploys the mail.jar and activation.jar files.?

You where advised to use external Dcs? if so then create an external dc and add this jars as part of it. Ideally this jars are available in the app server.

Regards

Ayyapparaj