cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Quality Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have deactivated Quality inspection for some raw material in the material master, but still i am getting the material in Quality stock.

Reason may be when iam creating the PO , Quality Inspection is active, now i have removed the Quality inspection but still when i receive with the same PO. iam geeting the material into Quality

Since this is the Annual P.O, we cannot able to close and create new PO. ( I have already tried by changing to "Unrestricted Use" while doing MIGO) Is there any other option to reset the exsisting PO.

Thanks& Regards,

Selvam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi selvam,

Step:1

1. If can't change the existing PO.

2. At the same time you can't avoid the inspection lot creation.

3. But you can control the Stock posting directly to unrestricted.

Go to Material Master -> QM View -> Click Inspection Setup -> Choose required Inspection type -> in detail view remove the Post Insp Stock tick mark.

Step:2

1. If can't change the existing PO.

2. If your not active the test certificate from vendor means, you can avoid lot generation also.

Go to QM info record (QI01) -> Enter Material as well vendor code -> press enter -> Here you can choose Skip vendor concept -> Save.

For any query revert.

Regards.

S.Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

My problem is

If I follow the first step inspection will be created. and also I cannot able to follow the second step because i am not maintaining Q-Info record.

Please let me know any other practices

Selvam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this scenario better you can maintain Quality Info record.

Other than this there is no std.

Regards,

S.Babu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

acceptable

Former Member
0 Kudos

acceptable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selvam,

" I have deactivated Quality inspection for some raw material in the material master, but still i am getting the material in Quality stock." assuming that u just have removed the indicator for inspection type...

I'm pretty sure the reason for this is the "post to insp.stock" indicator.Remember if u deactivate inspection type -it means inspection lot wont be created but if u still have this indicator of post to insp stock then the stock goes to Q stock.So remove this indicator if you dont want the stock in Quality the next time.

let us know

regards,

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam

Is an inspection lot generated, or is the material posted to inspection stock without the generation of an inspection lot? If the latter is the case, I would look into the QM-view once more. Even though you have deactivated quality inspection, you can still have "Post to inspection stock" activated.

Jan Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos
( I have already tried by
changing to "Unrestricted Use" 
while doing MIGO)

You said you tried above one. Is it not working?

If working then what is the issue adopting this way?

And Our friend Babu has suggested the second step, QI01 Q-Info Must be created before GR.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

gg

Edited by: Ashwin Patil on Aug 18, 2008 11:28 AM