cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Printing not coming properly in dot matrix printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have implemented invoice printout using smartforms and required to use the dot matrix printer for printing.

We are now facing the problem on the printout from dot matrix is different from the preview we get in the system. But the printout from Laser Jet is coming out correctly for the same smartforms.

We are using EPSON DLQ3000 and we configure the output device using EPESCP2 as the Device Type. The problem is font size of the print out is all printed as courier size 12, but there are different font sizes in the smartforms.

But when we use local printing (using SAPLPD), there is no problem, all different font size is printed.

If we using to same output device to print some sapscript, everything is working well. Font size will print accordingly to the preview of the sapscript.

Do you have any idea of the problem that we have. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lee Shi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried to change the cartridge but it still not working. The different font size in the smartform is still printed in 1 font size.

Regards,

Lee Shi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lee,

Ideally the printout should come as it is shown in the preview.I remember once it had happened with me too.But in my case there is no problem with the settings at SAP level.When we checked we found the problem is with the printer cartridge.

We co-ordinated with the system administrator and n/w guys.They in turn change the cartridge and issue was fixed.

PS:In my case all SAP printout were coming properly except the smartforms.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Edited by: ashutosh singh on Aug 18, 2008 10:20 AM