cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopsap and startsap scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Working on Windows platform, I am looking for startsap or stopsap script as existing on unix.

Can anyone tell me if there is an equivalent available on Windows ? Which script is called by the MMC ?

My question is focused on a WAS JAVA.

Thanks in advanced for the answer.

Regards,

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabrina

You dont get same script name what you get in home directory of SID ADM.

But you get the stop sap and start sap functionality from command prompt in windows as mentioned by other members.

hope it help you..

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was presuming this is not enough to start the J2EE cluster : it starts the message server and the enqueue server as well. Nevertheless, the J2EE cluster is not achieved.

I, of course, differenciated instance numbers of SCS and centrale instance.

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The start script will start the sap j2ee engine also. You can also start your java instance using smicm or uisng mmc directly.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This I know. I need to provide the script involves in the starting of the J2EE cluster.

Using sapstart with right arguments failed to start the cluster.

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

startsap j2ee <instanceno>

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This command is not accepted by the system.

However, the right unix command is "startsap JC01". Even though, it doesn't help.

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its startsap j2ee Dvbmsgxx

its instance name.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a standalone WAS JAVA.

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will be startsap & stopsap you can find these scripts in your kernel though to make 100% sure.

or you have multiple app servers you can copy the script and modify accordingly.

Thanks,

George Rayi

Former Member
0 Kudos

No doubt about it : the executables are available in the kernel.

My problem is that I can start SCS instance with command "startsap name=<SID> no=<instance number> sapdiahost=<hostname> " while it fails on the Centrale Instance. I tried with "startsap JC<instance number>", it doesn't help more.

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

In found out that "stopsap name= nr= sapdiahost= " command is efficient on both instances ". Does somebody has an idea why applying command " startsap name= nr= sapdiahost= " on Centrale Instance is unsuccessfull ?

Sabrina

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what the error message when you try to run it?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no message.

When stopping, I can observe messages of successfull operations.

At starting, I face message " startsap continues ...". In the MMC, I can observes the starting of SCS instance, while for Centrale Instance I face a grey light showing that the starting is inoperating.

Sabrina

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the SCS the one not starting?...

any error messages in the logs? check the sapstart.log under /usr/sap/<sid>/SCSXX/work, also dev_ms and dev_enqsrv.

Regards

Juan

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Aug 20, 2008 10:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am just wondering, as it has not been mentioned in this thread yet...are you logged in as <sid>adm when you are calling the scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is this user account that is used.

Nevertheless, I finally succeeded to run the script. I can't explain the reason of this failure. I went through my problem by attempting with stopsap. It worked. Trying subsequently the startsap script, this time it works. This observation was made on quality and development instances.

Thanks for your investigations.

Sabrina

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned, exact same commands work on the command prompt at windows.

You can also use the SAPMMC console.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

Same sap start and stop commands are available for windows also.

You can execute these commands in a command promptin.

Open a command prompt and execute command

startsap name=<sid> no=<system no> sapdiahost=<host name>

Same for stopsap

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, the executable is present within SAP kernel. What I am looking for is the equivalent of the shell unix script on windows. The one that is located at <sid>adm home directory.

I would like to know if there is a script listing all the starting or stopping process of a WAS JAVA as found for a WAS ABAP on Unix.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same will work for WAS JAVA also.

Regards

Ashok