cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting data in READY folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to delete or remove the data ( file) from the Distribution Folder (READY folder).

I syndicated some records automatically.

Worked fine.

And now the record is in Ready folder.

Please let me know can we able to delete it?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please note that as part of enrichment process, file which was syndicated is automatically moved to the "archive" folder of the outbound port. This happens only if configuration conforms with the instructions detailed at Enrichment Architecture guide.

Regards

Orit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes you can delete the files present in Ready and Archive folder. There are two ways:

1. Manual - Select the files manually and delete them

2. Automatic - Follow the below steps

1. Create a text file which contain the below lines:

cd {MDM Installation Path}\Server\......\Archive

del star . star /q

Note: Instead of writing "star" use star symol

E.g. C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5 Server\Distributions\Test-MDM_MSQL\Test-Repo\Inbound\Remote_sys\Inbound_port\Archive

2. Save the file with .bat extension.

3. You can schedule this file using Windows Schedular. For this go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Scheduled Tasks and create a new one by double clicking on it. Select the bat file created and accordindly schedule it like daily, weekly etc.

4. Now whenever the task is due it automatically executes the commands written in bat file and deletes all the files from Archives folder.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes it is possible to delete the file from the syndication readyfolder

you just have to select the file and press the delete button.

Unlike Import manager the file in the import ready flder after getting imported automatically gets moved to the archieve folder

In the syndicator it remains in the ready folder untill picked by the destination system like XI.or BI.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simona/Nitin,

I tried to delete that file manually but i cant do it.

It says " file may be in use".

But i have not opende syndication server.

I connected to my repository, its loaded.

What may be the problem?

And i want to give a specific name to that file after syndicated or during automatic syndication.

because name of that file is default by date & time.

But i want to change it.

Its possible?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The file syndicated using automatic syndications cmes with the time stamp field.

- Try closing the syndicator cleint if open

- It may not allow you the delete it as it is pssible that there are too many records in your mdm rep and the file generated may just be containing one chunk of records and the may be possible that the other records are being processed so its not allowing you to delete the file

- Try syndicating manually and then try and delete the file.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

The file syndicated using automatic syndications comes with the time stamp field.

So its not possible to change the name?

If not then how the XI will pickup these records for enrichment?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The files under Ready Outbound folder is generally can be Renamed as well as Deleted. The Problem of Deleting file here showing you "file may be in use" Could be because of this file is being used as you said you are doing Enrichment Architecture So, when you syndicate Records over here on the basis of these Records(it looks for) mean it fetches the Enrich records from any other External Webservice since may be you have not Specify your Destination from where these syndicated records get Enrich is not getting completed. So when your Process is not getting complete so may be its showing "file may be in use". Once you could able to get enrich records into your Data Manager on the basis of syndicated records may be it wont ask "file may be in use" and here you can easily able to delete as well as rename your file.

As, a configuration file will be called by Enrichment controller. Then the workflow will trigger( having 2 steps trigger and wait).

During the trigger step, the records assigned to the workflow will be written to the syndication folder. Then after enrichment the enriched data will be imported automatically. Since here after trigeer step it is still waiting for the enrich records thts could be one reason that you are getting "filemay be in Use".

Dnt confuse with XI here as there is no use of XI in Enrichment Architecture.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mandeep,

Thanks for valuable answer.

You have mentioned the workflow with 2 steps (trigger and wait).

But the worflow should be manual or automatic( like record import,add,update) ?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default, when you download your Enrichment Architecture Business content you have workflow Trigger Actions = Manual, But you can put your Trigger Actions on any or for all the options (like record import,add,update and Manual) its purpose is just to trigger your workflow only. for Manual you have to manually trigger your workflow by going into MDM Data Manager for the selected records. For Automatic you can Put your Trigger actions on all mean (Record Import, ADD, Update) as per your Requirement. its purpose is just to trigger your workflow only in what way you want. As your workflow trigger's first it will syndicate records which is mapped with your target External webservice ( means sends a request to your External webservice ) there it waits for (response mean Enrich records ) on the basis of syndicate records and when it get response then using Import Server( services which shud running) then put the Enrich records into your MDM Data Manager otherwise you can see this file under inbound port ready folder from where you can import this file manually using MDM import Manager if your MDM Import Server(Automatically) is not running.

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes, you can manually delete the records present in the Ready Folder -> Outbound.

This is a difference between the Import and the Syndcation process.

During Import, after the file is imported, the file is moved from the Ready folder to the Archive folder automatically.

However, during the Syndication, it is not done automatically. You will have to remove/delete the file manually or may by using a middleware such as XI.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain