cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i am working as sap mm consultant and as per the project requirement i need to enhance my skills and learn Qm module

i request you guys to help me out and guide me how to learn QM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Rahul,

You are most welcome.

Pls refer the below link to get the basic concept.

[SAP QM Tips and Quality Management|http://www.sap-img.com/sap-qm.htm]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal

thanks for the link but the first question striked in my mind is what is the differnce or what is the significance of

quality control, quality assurance and quality planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Quality Planning: This is mainly related to Quality related Master data, It will to support the Quality Inspection.

List of Master Data:

1. Material Master -> Inspection Type (Under Inspection Setup in mm QM View) - It will decide the particular product QI required or Not

2. Master Inspection Characteristics (MIC) - What your going to inspect (Ex: Length, Diameter, Visual, .....) - T code QS21,QS23,QS24.

3. Inspection Method: How to Inspect the Product Parameter (MIC) (Ex: Vernier, Scale, Micrometer,......) Tcode QS31, QS33, QS34

4. Work Center: Where Quality inspection work carried out (Inward Inspection, In-process Insp, Final Insp....) CRQ1, CRQ2, CRQ3.

5. Sampling Procedure - Selection sample qty during inspection (Ex: 1 per lot or 100% or 5%.....) Tcode - QDR1, QDR2, QDR3.

6. Inspection Plan / Task List - It is nothing but Quality control plan it will consist of all above master data (MIC, IM, Work cen, Sampling) Tcode - QP01, QP02, QP03

Quality Control : How to control the quality of the product through Inspection, if defect found monitor the defect and analysis the problem through notification and Quality related report.

Quality Assurance : How to give the quality assurance to the product, for In-house thro Inspection, @ customer end thro Quality Certificate.

For further query revert.

Regards,

S.Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Introduction Dear Babu, Fully appreciated

Hi Rahul,

Here is the link pasted from SAP.COM that describes the academic contents for [Course Description: Quality Planning and Inspection |[http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/course.epx?context]

[www.kierassociates.net/services_wq_planning.html]

Quality Assurance:-

Quality assurance is a function that provides us the documented evidence that our system,process,equipment,instrument produces the results meeting with it's predefined acceptance criteria.

It has more relevancy with the documentation of the Quality System.

While the Quality Control, controls the quality of the incoming/out going / in-process materials quality by testing it and have authority to reject / accept.

Any further SAP related help, I think MR.S.Babu has explained quit sufficient.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (0)