cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems deleting imported objects (RFCs and IDOCs) in SP 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All XI Experts,

We have a problem deleting imported objects like RFCs and IDOCs in integration repository in XI 3.0 (SP14).

We get the following error when we delete the object and try to activate the change list.

<b>Activation of the change list canceled When deleting object "ABAP Dictionary Type ZBAPI_PORTFOLIO_GLI_TRANS | urn:sap-com:document:sap:types" the dependent object "Documentation DE.RL_EXTERNAL_ID | urn:sap-com:document:sap:docu" was deleted as well. This caused the following problem: Cannot assign a zero-length byte array to host variable 4.</b>

Even if we imported a SAP BAPI or IDOC the same problem occurs when deleting and activating the change list.

There are no locks and we have done cache refresh.

Any help will be very helpful!

Thanks and Regards to all,

Mujtaba Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mujtaba,

Just check if you are using these objects elsewhere in the same component, maybe under another namespace.

I hope this link helps you to some extent:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Check if you can "reject change"(~delete) in the change lists.

Also, check out this thread which to a certain extent is about the same issue:-

Regards

Sushumna

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chandravadhana and Sravya,

We have resolved this issue.

We upgraded our patch level from SP 9 to SP 14 for WAS 6.4, same as XI ABAP BASIS patch level.

Sravya, Your weblog is an interesting observation. The very reason we wanted to delete the imported RFC objects was that when one of my colleagues imported a RFC in to XI, I saw data type issues, similar to the issue your weblog talks about, whereas my colleague who imported this RFC saw the correct form.

Well for now my issue is solved and thanks to all the thread contributors.

Thanks and regards,

Mujtaba Syed

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/20/inconsistencies-while-transporting-rfc-objects-from-dev-to-qa-150-sp12

will be useful.

try re-transporting the bapi gain

as descrbed in the blog

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mujtaba,

You are not able to perform the delete action since your object may not be modifiable. To enable this select the checkboxes 'Objects are modifiable' and 'Objects are Original objects', these can be obtained by clicking on your software component. Once this is done you should not face any problems deleting it.

If this helps you, do not forget to assign points:)

Cheers,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushumna,

Apparently the same BAPIs and IDOCs are used under different software component versions.

Our XI ABAP patch level is on SP14 and WAS 6.40 is on SP 9. I am not sure if this has anything to do. I have asked the BASIS folks to upgrade the WAS 6.40 patch level to SP14.

We will test this out after we upgrade to SP14.

Thanks,

Mujtaba Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mujtaba,

Just check if you are using these objects elsewhere in the same component, maybe under another

namespace.

I hope this link helps you to some extent:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Check if you can "reject change"(~delete) in the change lists.

Also, check out this thread which to a certain extent is about the same issue:-

Oops..posted it again!

Regards

Sushumna

Message was edited by: Sushumna Parupalli

Message was edited by: Sushumna Parupalli