cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2 on SQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

I am new and hope anyone can help to explain the installation steps even I had read through SAP note 1013391. I had downloaded 35 zip files of IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0 SR2 and run the exe to extract all files in my local. How do I start to install it? I can't find any exe from the 6 folders.

OS = Window Server 2003 SP2

DB = SQL Server 2005

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Chloe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chloe

This is wilson , mind to ask you. I also new to install IDES , as i log into the sap service market place , i cant find the document for installing the IDES.

Mind to tell me which link or title u clicked?

thanks

Wilson Low

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no special installation guide for IDES, use the normale installation guide for ERP 6.0 on the link I posted.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls can i get the link to also download the IDES ERP 2005 ECC 6.0

i want to learn SAP Basis

thanks

Dada

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDES is not free software to play with, it´s an "International Demo and Education System" which is available to SAP customers with a valid software license and contract.

http://service.sap.com/installations

If you have no user for that site then you´re most probably not permitted to have/install/use the software.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the official installation guides at

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Also check at the place the Media Guide if you have downloaded all necessary DVDs. It seems you´re missing the installation master...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Markus

Ya. I just downloaded all 35 zip files for IDES ERP 2005 SR2. Anywhere to download the Installation Master? I can't find Media Guide as well in my folders.

Chole

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The media guide and the installation are on the website I gave you - not on the DVDs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus,

I can't find any Installation Master from software download lists. However, if "Image" is available, do I still need to run from the Installation Master? Or this "Image" is a ready login entry screen for user to test on it?

Chloe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t know what you downloaded but there are installation master DVDs available with CD number 51032419 (they are called BS2005 SR IDES Installation Master).

The 35 DVDs are just the export DVDs, you need the installation master and the kernel DVDs too.

Again - please refer to the installation guides.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus.

Is clear now, because the DVDs we received is missed out the DVD number you mentioned. So no choice, we need to download by ourself. Hopefully we can installed successfully.

According the search, they did mention "Image" can be ready to use... what is this mean for? If we able to find "Image", can we just use it without any installation?

Chloe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you read "image"? There is a VMWare image here for the Netweaver preview but that is something different...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The so called "SAP IDES Image" is read from the google search where there are sell as a product for those people who want to learn more with a comprehensive modules. I do not know whether there is any legalisation involved? What do you mean there is something different? I really like to understand more...

Regards

Chloe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well.. those are pirated.

If you read the "license.pdf" on each of the CDs, you will see, that only SAP has the right to distribute their software.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the helpful information.

Best Regards,

Chloe