cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulation Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts..

When i am opening simulation version in CJ20n(Project Builder).....entry for project defintion and simulation key are not coming .....so please guide me how can I open this in CJ20n

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

In CJ20N, goto Settings->Options and tick/select simulation under processable objects.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shrikant..

My another problem is that ..I want to compare two simulation veriosn ....or one simulation with operative version project ....in which transection this is possible ....is CN41 will be used for this if yes then how....Please elaborate the ans ......thanks in advance

Regards

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do it in CNS41. If you are not getting version field for input, it seems that ur DB profile doesnt allow selection from version data. You can check that by clicking 'Change DB profile button' at top (or Ctrl + F3)

Ensure that 'Version data' is selcted under origin section. If not select it and remember that this modifies the DB profile temporarily. In order to change DB profile permanently goto OPTX.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ...Dear..

N what is the exact difference between project version and simulation version ....when is project version is required ..can we transfer our simulation version to project version or project to simulation version ....?

Regards

Rama Shanker Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Project Version is snapshot/photo of project, you cant change it. It is generally taken to record the exact project status at that point of time.

Simulation version is used to simulate 'if then' conditions.Generally used during quotation phase or if you want see effect of particular event on project you can create simulation version see the effect and transfer back to operative or delete.

Project Version is only for info purpose and cant be transfered anywhere. Simulation version can be transfered to operative project.

1. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d8/1fe8344d1d166be10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

2. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/0b/ba853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards