cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing the manner in which the COA pick value from MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having an issue regarding the quality certificate.

Is it correct that the certificate pick the values for the inspection charateristic from the master inspection charcteristic VIA the certificate profile as a default.

If its true then how to change it so that the certificate picks the inspection characteristic from the inspection plan

Please advice.

Regards,

vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Only 00% pure development can help you out.

Sit with your ABAPer.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

The abaper is advicing for checking all the user exits available for QC21 t-code for displaying certificate.

I found some 8-10 exits, but am not sure what to do.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See what I have done to my last implementation is,

Make the separated Trx for COA printing instead of QC21.

Make customized tables.

Make the MIC text and it's limit related data to be picked from Inspection Plan.

Etc Etc.

This way as I had say 100% pure customization will help you.

But as your abaper also suggesting is correct that if the Exits are meeting the requirement, should not go for the New Development.

regards,

shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

The abaper is asking whether is there any user exit available to accomplish this requirment. He found me these exits for QC21 transaction.

Now I have seen all these exits to check whether any of them is suitable for my requirment. But none of them seem to be suitable for my requirment.

Now the problem is if an 100% customisation has to be done starting with a new transaction for QC21, How to start with this.

QC100001 QM certificates: User exit for list of batches used

QC100002 QM certificates: User-defined initialization option

QC100003 QM certificates: Before and after cert. profile determinatn

QC100004 QM Certificates: User-Exit Before Call-Up of Form Printout

QC100006 QM Certificates: User-Exit After Selecting Delivery Data

QC100007 User-Exit for Changing Certififcate Profile Characteristics

QC100008 QM certificates: User exit for changing the customer number

QCPA0002 Certs: Criteria restriction insp.lot/ptl lot selection

QCPA0003 Certificates: Fill new fields to find certificate profiles

QCPA0004 QM Cert. Profile Menu: Cert. Profile Function Code +US4

QCPA0005 QM Certificate Profile Menu: Edit Function Code +US5

QCPA0006 QM Certificate Profile Menu: Environment Function Code +US6

QCPA0007 QM Certificates: Include Characteristics in Cert. Profile

QCPA0008 QM Certificate Profile: Header Data Subscreen

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I am very sorry to say but I haven't tried the USER exit way to meet it. So I think not able to help you this stage. But believe me whenever I get any clue I'll immediately respond to you.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

With my last message I didn't meant that I have to use exits only. As what you have said for going for 100 % customisation I want to know is that how to approach it.I mean how to go for 100 % customisation also.Because as of now this requirment is in estimation phase only.So I have to give an estimation to the client regarding the how much time is required,So if you can guide me with the approach for goinf for 100 % it would be easy for me to start off.

I hope I was able to make you understand I mean

Regards,

vivek

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. you all have me confused here....

Why are you getting limits from the MIC or inspection plan and using development for this? COA programs should never be replaced with custom ones except under the most extreme conditions. (Doing so makes QC21 transaction unusable). Change/add layouts, text elements and function modules, not the program!

When you specify in the COA profile to get the spec from the master inspection characterisitc it means that it uses the MIC as a reference to get the specs that are in the inspection lot that it gets the test value from.

When you create the inspection lot, the specs are copied from where ever you have them set up in your system (inspection plan, material spec, class), into the inspection lot. So the inspection lot always shows the specs that were in force at the time of the inspection.

If you change your inspection plans later on with different specs but are issuing a cert from material inspected well in the past, the material might no longer meet that new spec.

And specs should NEVER, EVER be maintained on a master inspection characteristic. This means your maintaining a separate characteristic for every different spec in your company! This could be thousand and thousands of variations of the same test!!!! A characteristic should only exist ONCE for any given METHOD in a plant. Each plant can have their own method for a characteristic. But VISCOSITY@20C should only ever exist once regardless of how many plants run it, or how many materials use it, or how many specs exist for it.

Maybe I missed something here in the question. Avoid development, avoid development, avoid development!

If you really need to do something with specs, then create a new FM and configure in a new "spec origin" selection. This is the standard SAP approach.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Aug 18, 2008 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your advice. I also know that its never advisable to do development.

But in my case I am not able to find much alternatives for the client requirement.

My requirement is :

I want to use inspection characteristic in various materials.

In every material the decimal point may vary for the inspected value.( i.e. I mean X = 2.5 Kg for one material & X = 2.34 Kg for another material & so on).

Now what I have learnt is that the certificate profile picks the specification value for the inspection charateristic from the MIC (i.e QS23) & the result from result recording .

Now I want that the profile should read the inpection values from the result recording & the specification from the inspection plan.

Do you think is there any other better way of fixing this issue.

Please advice.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now what I have learnt is that the certificate profile picks the specification value for the inspection charateristic from the MIC (i.e QS23) & the result from result recording .

No... that is wrong. The specs come from the inspection lot, the same place that the results come from. I'm not sure why people think the specs come from the mic.

As far as decimals, in the cert profile you can specify for each characteristic how many decimals are to be displayed. Don't you see that field in the characteristic details in the cert profile?

For each characteristic listed in the profile you can specify the spec origin and the result origin. SAP comes standard with choices in each to pick either from the inspection lot (MIC), or the batch record, (general characteristic).

Ideally, if your batch managed, you take the result and the specs from the batch record.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig.

Ok,I agree with that specs come from the inspection lot, the same place that the results come from.

But In my case I want that the same inspection characteristic is used in more than one material how can the profile display the different values (In term of Decimal)

Now I am not able to do it.

I'll try to explain how am I simlulating my scenario.

I have created two raw mateials.

01: inspection type

I have created on inspection plan for both of the materials.

I each material in the inspection plan I have maintained the requirments in the quantitaive tab ( for 1st material 1 decimal & for second material 3 decimal) . I have created an certificate profile assigned the MIC (This MIC is not having any values) & have assigned the both material in the material assignement tab.

Then have done the assignement thru QC15.

Now I do the PO then MIGO. stock moves from QI to unrestricted after I do the RR & UD.

Now on displaying the certificate by QC21 I am able to fetch the values in case of both materials but the decimal point requirment is not matched.

Now please tell me how to do it.

I hope I explanied you my scenario.

vivek

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that particular case you create two certificate profiles. One for material A and one for material B.

Lets say the characteristic XYZ can be recorded to 2 decimal places. You record 10.64 in the inspection lot.

In Cert profile A, you specify characteristic XYZ. In the profile, in the characteristic detail screen, you specify the number of decimals as 1. The COA for material A prints 10.6.

In Cert profile B, you specify characteristic XYZ. In the profile in the characteristic detail screen, you specify the number of decimals as 0. The COA for material B prints 11.0 (10.64 rounds up to 11.0).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much.

I guess your previous post helped me.

Here now what is happening I have put 99 in the decimal field in the certificate profile.

This entry mean that the setting requirments will be

"You have defined a quantitative characteristic but, instead of specifying the number of decimal places in the master inspection characteristic, you specified it in the inspection plan.

If you want to print the certificate with the same number of decimal places as defined in the respective inspections, enter 99 in this field."

Now as I am displaying the certificate I able to see the inspection characteristic with different decimal point as desired.

I have maintained on inspection plan where I have assigned both of the materials .& intheir respective quantitative tabs I have enterd the decimal points as required.

Do you think this is the right way of doing it?

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Please try to refer my latest post. I guess I am able to do it.

Please provide your comments.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely Correct Vivek!!!

Bravo Craig Once Again you have put the solution in extraordinary with good explanation.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

This was only beacuse of you & craig I was able to try someting. Any ways this simulation I have done on Raw material. Now I have to try it on finished goods too .

I hope this works.

Thanks for your unending support.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will work for all material types. don't worry.

Best Of Luck.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

When I am using the Std. layout in the profile QM_QCERT_01

its working fine,But when I use the layout specific for the customer decimal are not being displayed.

Can you advice something.

Regards,

vivek

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to not make any changes to the plan. Set the plan up to record the test to the decimal places appropriate for the material and test. Don't worry about how many decimals the customer gets. The customer cannot get any more decimals then the test analytically allows.

Create a COA profile assigned at the material level and put in the profile, the number of decimals you want general customers to get.

If a customer it to receice less then the number of decimals available, then create a COA profile assigned to the customer/material combination and set in the profile the number of decimals the customer should see.

As far as why it works with the standard COA SAP provided layout and not the custom clients one, I would guess that who ever wrote the custom one did not use the standard SAP provided one as a template. They probably started from scratch instead.

You should be starting with a copy of the standard layout and make changes to it as required. This is where development time and $$$$ should be spent. Then all SAP transactions will work, including QS21.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Now I want to implement this in my existing client.

In this case they have used Reference characterstics.

So whenever I am trying to simulate I dont understand from where the certificate is picking the vaule from.( I.E. the specifications)

The decimal maintained in the certificate profile =2

& inspection plan =3

So even on changing either of them there is no effect on the certificate .

Can you please advice.

Regards,

vivek