cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with acknowledgements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pleas explain me how works transport and application acknowledgement in XI.

When I use teansport acknowledgement in BPM is the following sentece correct?

XI sends transport ack when data are stored into receiver system correctly and doesn't send in case of error.

It is true for all adapters.

What is the best way to catch an error? I can imagine only this way BPM + deadline exception handler. Another way is to use synchronous send step.

I have read several weblogs but I cannot find the best way

How to use application acknowlendgement in BPM? How it simplify my work.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I'd start from your last question.

> How to use application acknowlendgement in BPM? How

> it simplify my work.

It depends on what you need.

Transport ack tells you whether the receiver adapter <i>succesfully sent</i> data to the target sys.

Application ack tells how data were <i>processed</i> in the target sys. I think that the only technoloty supporting this feat is proxy (both ABAP and Java).

Alex

Message was edited by: Alessandro Guarneri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

have a look at this help page: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm.

It shows a list with all adapters available in standard and what types of acks are supported.

That an ack is not sent in case of error is not true. XI will sent a negative ack. Have a look here on the types of acks: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/8620c6b58c422c960c53f3ed71b432/content.htm.

Basically we diferentiate between positive and negative ack and permanent and transient ack.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I have implemented the following scenarion for test:

FileSystem1 -> BPM -> FileSystem2

BPM has asynch send step with transport ack and sent step with mode acknowledgement.

But how acknowledgement step works? I didn't receive an acknowledgement message. I have read (help.sap.com) that XI uses message heander in order to determine system.

If I correct my FileSystem1 must be received an acknowledgement. Do I need to define interface and receiver determination for acknowledgement (FileSystem1)? What DataType do I have to choise?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

the sender file adapter (like most sender adapters) does not support acknowlegdements. Therefore it is not useful to have the second send step in your scenario.

What you can do, is sending a real message from your BPM to a receiver file adapter, which stores a message instead of an acknowlegdement.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am confused...

I have to demostrate acknowledgements(system) in XI for my customer but I have no idea how to do that.

The only way I know it is to use send step with transport acknowledgement property. But my BPM hangs(wait an ack) in case of error.

I have set ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE to 1 but It doesn't help.

Is there other standart way for XI?

Message was edited by: Denis Ivanov