cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text item cateory for variant config item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to create a text type item category for a variant config item. I tried to use the std TEXT but it doesn't work possibly coz its a variant config item. The item category grp assigned to this item is 0002. I used ZVAC and removed relevant for delivery n billing as I don't wnt this item to b relevant for either or even appear in either of those. But it still doesn't work. When i create the order and enter the item and hit enter, it takes the default item category grp for that order type (TEXT item category is added in manual item category field) and it grays out. I cannot make any changes to this item category although the order has not even been saved yet.

Has anyone done any such config or know anything abt it? Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

0002 is basically for single-level configuration. So right there you are probably getting the issue, as well as using the standard TEXT item categoty..

0004 is for multi-level config, which is, I guess, what you are looking for.

But you will also want some other "Z__" item category defined for what you are looking for - don't use TEXT. I know, then it's a pain 'cuz you have to do all the copy control, but you really need to.

Now with your new "Z__" make it Non-pricing-delivery-rqmts-picking-delivery-billing-etc.

It's lots of fun, isn't it !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone pls suggest how to create an item category for KMAT material?

Thanks