cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special charecters in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing an IDOC to JMS(MQ) scenario...

my problem is,Legacy system which is taking the mesaage from the JMS Queue is not accpeting the special charecters it gets from the XML...so they need CDATA...

I asked them..to give me in IDOC...will the be ok if i get CDATA as input...I mean,I was said that i would be given all the special chareters would coming in IDOC.....

1.Will XI accept special cahrecters if it gets special charecters in IDOC...such &,*,%,$,@ etc

2.If i need to go for some other mapping which one to go.

3.Please let me know some saples XSLT mapping for converting XML to CDATA....because if R3 people say that they cant give special charecters in IDOC,i need to go for CDATA for receiver output..i mean JMS output...

can anyone suggest me what to do.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1.Will XI accept special cahrecters if it gets special charecters in IDOC...such &,*,%,$,@ etc

--> Yes, XI can accept the special characters coming from IDOC, you can send it with tag CDATA...

2.If i need to go for some other mapping which one to go.

---> You can do this with Graphical mapping with Advanced UDFs to handle it...or can go for XSLT or Java Mapping also.

3.Please let me know some saples XSLT mapping for converting XML to CDATA....because if R3 people say that they cant give special charecters in IDOC,i need to go for CDATA for receiver output..i mean JMS output...

--->

Refer - With Graphical Mapping

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

If i get the special charecters in IDOC,U said its ok...But if they add CDATA tags in it.....how should i go ahead.

As of now i felt i should go for XSLT mapping for add CDATA tagas....

can some one provide me with the links for XSLT mapping for converting IDOC into CDATA..even though i googled it,i couldnt find any ...

can some one guide me.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help

http://www.cxml.org/files/downloads.cfm

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
Former Member